The MOP Up: All news must go!
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. See any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
- We Are Heroes: What do you get when you merge an RPG with a MOBA? This game, apparently. It will boast both a single-player campaign and a PvP MOBA mode. Expect to see it by the year’s end for mobile devices.
- ELOA: Webzen signed an agreement with NPICSOFT to bring Elite Lord of Alliance (ELOA) to North America and Europe. The anime MMO will begin beta testing this fall for a late 2015 release. [Source: Webzen press release]
- Mabinogi Duel: Mabinogi Duel, a digital card game based on the MMO property, has soft launched for both iOS and Android devices.
- Call of Champions: Spacetime Studios’ “speed MOBA” is now out for mobile devices. Players can pick it up for free and play quick five-minute matches.
- For the King: Looking for a challenge? Then check out this co-op roguelike, which sends small parties off to their doom as they quest through an “unforgivable” living world. The game has already shot past its Kickstarter goal and is asking for Steam Greenlight votes.
- Order and Chaos 2: The sequel to the hit mobile MMO is now live worldwide for both Android and iOS devices. [Thanks to kyler and bensku for the tip!]
Events and Contests
- Guild Wars 2: You can catch up on last week’s Go4GuildWars2 monthly finals tournament on the game’s Twitch channel.
- Perfect World International: This free-to-play MMO is celebrating its seventh anniversary this month with in-game events and giveaways.
- WildStar: Earn yourself some free swag by entering in WildStar’s F2P launch sweepstakes! You know you want that statue.
- TwitchCon: This annual convention is coming September 25th and 26th, and will include big reveals from Guild Wars 2 and SWTOR!
- Marvel Heroes: Patch 1.71 is in effect with lots of item drop rate changes and the start of another Odin’s Bounty event. [patch notes]
- Final Fantasy XI: The game’s September 16th update added a new quest, tweaked a few zones and respawnrates, added high-tier battlefields, and made more chairs available for sitting. [patch notes]
- Ultima Online: The newest patch for the Time of Legends expansion is on the test server with plenty of fixes and improvements. [patch notes]
Odds and Ends
- Heroes of the Storm: Blizzard buried a pretty funny Diablo Easter egg in Heroes of the Storm that requires a little work to uncover. Once you do, however, it’ll blow your mind. Or not.
- MechWarrior Online: You can now pre-order the sleek and lethal Marauder, which includes bonuses if you pay by September 30th.
- Dark Age of Camelot: A new team member has joined the DAoC crew: German Community Manager Lea! “Although my focus will be on the German speaking part of the community, I will be there for each and every one of you and I am very much looking forward to it!” she said.
- MADE Kickstarter: The Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment is running a Kickstarter campaign to help it move into new digs. Considering that this is the institution that’s trying to resurrect LucasFilm’s Habitat, it’s worth a look!
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Going to roll up a new level 60 character for the expansion and need a quick summary of the Trooper or Bounty Hunter’s personal story? You’re out of luck (if you don’t click those links)! Warning: spoilers!
- EverQuest II: Server names have been voted on for the upcoming merges. The new names are Maj’Dul, Halls of Fate, and Skyfire. [via TAGN. Thanks to Linaea for the tip!]
- Neverwinter: Dungeons & Dragons legendary author R.A. Salvatore will be joining the Neverwinter livestream for a community Q&A on September 22nd.
- World of Warcraft: Blizzard and Random House LLC have signed an agreement to start churning out new books set in the studio’s various franchises. The first novel, set in World of Warcraft, will come out in March 2016.
Curious about that We Are Heroes game we were talking about above? Check out an official gameplay video to see what it’s like:
What does For The King look and play like? This gameplay trailer should help you get a glimmer of an idea about this coop roguelike.
Celebrate Order and Chaos 2’s release by watching this launch trailer!