Massively Opinionated: Is Star Citizen’s ‘first-person universe’ really a new genre?
In the final episode of Massively Opinionated in 2015, our host Larry Everett is joined by panelist Mike Byrne from MMO Bomb. The debate questions are many, all supplied by our Patreon patrons Duane and Vikingr. And this week, it will be up to you to decide who actually won the debate. Below the video sits a poll for each question. Give us a listen, then cast your own vote for the winner of each argument.
This week’s questions:
Thanks goes to our Patreon patrons Duane and Vikingr for this week’s questions.
Should MMOs update with large expansions or small DLC?
- Large Expansions (76%, 273 Votes)
- Small DLC (24%, 85 Votes)
Total Voters: 358
Should OverWatch be free-to-play or buy-to-play?
- Free-to-play (34%, 114 Votes)
- Buy-to-play (66%, 221 Votes)
Total Voters: 335
Are MMOs more fun with or without PvP?
- MMOs must have PvP (65%, 233 Votes)
- MMOs shouldn't have PvP (35%, 126 Votes)
Total Voters: 359
Can MMOs have good graphics and good gameplay at the same time?
- Yes, both can exist in the same game (96%, 361 Votes)
- No, developers have to choose one over the other (4%, 17 Votes)
Total Voters: 378
Is Star Citizen's First Person Universe really a new genre?
- No, it not a new genre; it's just marketing. (53%, 209 Votes)
- Yes, it's a new genre because we've never seen these elements combined before. (47%, 187 Votes)
Total Voters: 396