Massively OP Podcast Episode 57: Camelot Unchained’s Mark Jacobs
After taking in scads of questions from our readers about Camelot Unchained, we roped in Mark Jacobs to see how many of them he could answer in a tight hour! It’s everything you wanted to know about this Arthurian RvR title — and then some. Even if you’re not into Camelot Unchained, we think you’ll find this episode a fascinating look into the development process. (And if we don’t answer your question, check back tomorrow: This one’s a two-parter!)
It’s the Massively OP Podcast, an action-packed hour of news, tales, opinions, and gamer emails! And remember, if you’d like to send in your own letter to the show, use the “Tips” button in the top-right corner of the site to do so.
- 00:00 – Intro, crunch, beta prep
- 03:13 – Building an engine from scratch
- 05:19 – What is Camelot Unchained?
- 07:30 – Server structure
- 15:31 – Free trials and open beta
- 19:07 – Tutorials and newbie acclimation
- 22:36 – PvP design goals
- 28:47 – RvR vs. FFA
- 37:53 – Economic PvP design goals
- 42:18 – The state of trade
- 43:46 – Balancing 30 classes
- 49:54 – Crafting vs. combat development
- 51:31 – What does CU bring to the genre that’s new?
- 54:21 – Addressing visual chaos
- 56:54 – Outro
- Download Episode 57
- Podcast theme: “Main Menu Patcher Music” from Camelot Unchained
- Your show hosts: Bree and Justin
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, and Pocket Casts
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock setting.