Massively OP Podcast Episode 58: More Camelot Unchained questions answered
Surprise! It's a bonus episode of the Massively OP Podcast this week -- hope you don't mind! After bringing your questions to Camelot Unchained's Mark Jacobs in yesterday's podcast, we had so many left over that he agreed to do a follow-up episode with more answers. Jacobs gets into topics such as the subscription model, classes, and foundational principles. Many thanks again to him for letting us grill him for over two hours for these shows!
It’s the Massively OP Podcast, an action-packed hour of news, tales, opinions, and gamer emails! And remember, if you’d like to send in your own letter to the show, use the “Tips” button in the top-right corner of the site to do so.
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 01:22 - Why subscriptions instead of B2P?
- 05:44 - Strategies for handling cheaters and hackers
- 10:58 - Educational videos
- 12:25 - Animation cancelling
- 13:55 - Foundational principles
- 16:32 - In a world without CU...
- 21:20 - Classes, scouts, and healers
- 27:53 - PvE and non-PvP content
- 32:55 - Air Warrior and underdog realms
- 34:39 - Maps and keeping players together
- 37:11 - Travel time and designed downtime
- 40:39 - Policing CUBE player content
- 43:17 - Managing the post-launch community
- 50:52 - Grouping tools
- 54:13 - Lessons from previous MMOs
- 61:21 - Outro
- Download Episode 58
- Podcast theme: "Main Menu Patcher Music" from Camelot Unchained
- Your show hosts: Bree and Justin
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, and Pocket Casts
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock setting.