The MOP Up: Paragon recruits Sevarog (April 3, 2016)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we’ll look at a new hero joining Paragon’s line-up, check out a couple of behind-the-scenes interviews with MMO developers, get prepared for the latest World of Warcraft young adult books, romp around with several action-RPGs, and more!
New Games and Testing
- Paragon: The Grim Reaper-esque Sevarog has joined this upcoming MOBA’s roster, bringing with him the ability to eat souls, smash things with a hammer, and be an all-around excellent tank jungler.
- MU Origin: The mobile spin-off of MU Online soft-launched this past week in Canada and Ireland. Always like the Irish to get first dibs on games like that! The title will fully launch sometime this spring. [Source: Press release]
- Descent Underground: Virtual reality has come to this early access shooter, with the game now supporting both the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift. Have you picked up yours yet?
- Heroes of Skyrealm: The studio was out in full-force to show this title at GDC, and it has returned with a glowing report of the game’s reception at the convention.
- Subnautica: This early access underwater survival game comes with a twist — it fully supports VR devices. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look as though it will have multiplayer features, at least not yet. [Thanks Gylnnee!]
- Defiance: April marks this MMO’s third anniversary, and to celebrate it, the devs are turning on several types of arkfalls during the entire month!
- Elder Scrolls Online: A small patch came out that addressed several bugs and issues, including one that stuck four-player teams in queues when using the grouping tool.
Odds and Ends
- Grim Dawn: This post-apocalyptic ARPG has plenty of terrifying creatures. There’s a new gallery of monster concept art up that give a closer look at these in-game mobs.
- Vainglory: The popular mobile MOBA has struck up a three-year, multi-million-dollar deal with Twitch to promote the game’s progression into the esports arena.
- ArcheAge: Who is the Fir Queen? Find out by reading this short story!
- Neverwinter: Curious about the new tabletop campaign and its creation? There’s an interview with dungeon master Chris Perkins about Portobello’s Campaign and his contribution to it.
- Path of Exile: Speaking of interviews, Composer Kamil Orman-Janowski sat down to talk about his experience crafting music for the ARPG over the past couple of years.
- Trove: Learn more about the star bar and its rewards with this “Trove Unboxed” article.
You might not have heard of Felspire, a medieval action-RPG, but it’s not only been out for a while, it has released its first expansion. Rise of Saint unleashes the game’s newest class, the Saint, who is accompanied by his loyal skyhawk companion.
There’s a new young adult World of Warcraft book series coming out this fall called Traveler. And because it’s World of Warcraft, this announcement is important enough to warrant a full trailer:
Who’s making Chronicles of Elyria? Watch this video to meet the team and get inspired about their vision!
Escape from Tarkov will attempt to lure in weapon mod junkies with its customization system. How will it work, exactly? There’s a new developer video on the subject to lay it all out for you.