The MOP Up: Batman invites you to his gala (September 18, 2016)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week Bruce Wayne (AKA Batman) threw a special gala in DC Universe Online. We’ve got that plus stories and videos from Destiny, Marvel Heroes, Elder Scrolls Online, and more, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Unannounced project: RocketWerkz and Dean Hall have started work on a "unannounced large-scale project" that will be revealed in early 2017. Note that this is separate from Hall's Ion MMO.
- Crossout: The vehicular combat game has recently introduced a free-for-all deathmatch mode as well as item fusion.
- Star Citizen: Check out another edition of OP.NET, the only made-up show for mercs in the Star Citizen universe.
- Elder Scrolls Online: Only ESO could release a 3.9 GB patch and call it "incremental," but that's what this is. The patch addressed a few dungeon issues and made fixes to other various systems in the game.
- Marvel Heroes: A "Modern Soldier" Captain America costume is now in the game. The costume reimagines this iconic hero as a contemporary trooper who suffered from memory loss.
- Destiny: Private matches have arrived on both console versions: "The private match feature gives Destiny players the keys to the Crucible with the ability to challenge friends and foes alike in 18 competitive modes on almost 30 maps." [Source: press release] Also, Destiny is considering bringing back old raids in the new expansion!
- DC Universe Online: Episode 26 is now available with a two-person duo in Wayne Tower Gala and an eight-person raid at Kandor Central Tower. "Open up the bubbly and get ready to mingle with some of Gotham’s finest. Rumor has it something sinister is going to go down."
- Vainglory: This MOBA has a lot in the works for the fall, starting with its 1.22 patch, which should make playing on a smartphone a lot better.
- Hearthstone: The team added in the new one-time-purchase welcome bundle and addressed some bugs in the game.
- Allods Online: Mages are getting their day in the sun with the Librarium festival. This is currently running through September 20th.
- EVE Online: EVE Vegas 2016 is coming in late October, so if you're planning to attend, you'll need to get all the info on this community convention.
Odds and Ends
- Path of Exile: Now that Atlas of Worlds and the Essence Challenge Leagues have been out a little while, the devs have some interesting stats to share on these challenges.
- Landmark: The devs are working on "stuff" for the game, and that's about all you're going to get out of this weekend wrapup.
- E-sports: The World Esports Association (WESA) has announced its first-ever player council to help advise on rules and procedures.
- Heroes of the Storm: The devs were on hand on Reddit to answer community questions about the Machines of War.
- Pokemon Go: Having trouble capturing the elusive Ditto? Here's a helpful guide to give you a hand.
- World of Tanks: Wargaming has released its free Tank 100 app to the Apple and Android market.
- Counter-Strike: Two UK men have been charged with promoting a lottery, unlawful gambling, and enticing children to gamble in CS:GO. Could this be the start of a legal tide against such practices?
Ever want to roleplay a drunk? Elder Scrolls Online now lets you buy a "drunk" personality from the store, and Star Shadow took a video to show off its amusing side: