NCsoft's Q3 2016 financials see declines for WildStar, Guild Wars 2, and Blade & Soul
- WildStar's sales have plummeted, half what they were last quarter and at their lowest mark for the entire year.
- Guild Wars 2 saw a small dip but held mostly even with last quarter, but that's still its lowest for the year.
- Blade & Soul has trailed off predictably since its western launch earlier this year ("stabilized," NCsoft says) but are still up 61% year-over-year thanks to that regional expansion.
- Lineage I, usually NCsoft's key player, saw its "sales weakened slightly" quarter-over-quarter as a result of reduced "in-game item promotions." But it's still up 7% year-over-year.
- Aion has dipped slightly to its lowest sales of the year.
- Lineage II is the only game to have reported a small upsurge in sales since Q2.
Overall, NCsoft's operating profit and sales declined for the quarter ("due to less in-game item promotions by the major titles" is the refrain) but up for the year.
Source: NCsoft investor relations
SHARE THIS ARTICLE