The MOP Up: No Man’s Sky gets shielded (January 22, 2017)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week, No Man’s Sky made the jump to the Nvidia Shield, giving players a new way to experience this space sim. We’ve got that plus stories and videos from Neverwinter, Trove, and more, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Seven Knights: Among its lineup of upcoming mobile MMOs, Netmarble announced that a new game, Seven Knights MMORPG, is in the making. Little else is known about this title.
- Gigantic: Learn more about Pakko, the “Jolly Brute,” and how he’s able to dance circles around his enemies while knocking them out flat.
- Hellion: Space survival game Hellion talks about how players will need to take up the role of spaceship mechanics when the crew is still frozen.
- Neverwinter: The Sea of Moving Ice update is now live on consoles, bringing the story of the Storm King to a conclusion.
Events and Contests
- Dungeon Fighter Online: You can accumulate several rewards this month just for logging in and staying logged in for a while. [Thanks Brandon!]
- Skyforge: The Pantheon Propaganda contest is over, and you can check out the winning poster designs!
Odds and Ends
- Heroes and Generals: The team sent out a press release saying that the game has amassed 10 million player accounts since its beginning — and that more frequent content updates are coming in 2017.
- Trove: A new dragon world boss, Flakbeard, is ripe for the attacking (and looting). He’s your path to a new dragon mount, so go get him!
- No Man’s Sky: If you have one, you can now play No Man’s Sky on the Nvidia Shield.
Warframe’s Glast Gambit update is now live for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with a new quest, weapons, and mods to enjoy.
Patch 253 is out for ARK: Survival Evolved’s console versions, bringing new dinos and areas to explore. Check out the patch trailer!
Mobile monster-hunting MMO God Eater Online has opened up registrations in Japan. Check out the Japanese trailer and let us know what you think: