Betawatch: Albion Online announces its launch date (February 24, 2017)
After extending its beta well into 2017, Albion Online has announced its date for officially leaving that hallowed state: July 17th, 2017. Just a few months away! So if you were worried that "well into 2017" meant the fall, you can rest easy. The game has also looked at adjusting some of its open PvP zones, so that's also a good thing.
Other news? Aw, of course, anything for you:
- The Exiled has moved from totally-unambiguously-in-beta to the somewhat more ambiguous state of early access. So you can go hop in now, if you're curious. (Feel free to let us know in the comments if you think it should still be on the list, while you're at it.)
- War Thunder will soon be on a boat, putting its players on boats and looking for testers to examine how well the boats... well, boat. (Is boat a verb? Let's assume that it is.) The pre-beta schedule for naval testing is available now for boat fans.
- The Repopulation should be repopulated very soon, as its new management wants to get the game back online in the next few weeks. Hopefully that will not result in the game soon being depopulated once again.
- A new phase of beta testing has started up in Life is Feudal. It should be running for two weeks or so, which means that any progress you make may or may not be feudal but will definitely be futile in the larger scheme of things.
- Ashes of Creation made a bit more noise with some long-awaited information about the game. It's also leaning against a dungeon finder somewhat, but that decision has not actually been made just yet.
- The second closed beta for MU Legend has begun, running until February 28th. As this is a closed beta, black-tie attire will be strictly enforced; play the game only in your finest clothes.
You can also find our full list just below, replete with all sorts of games which are in testing. Did something jump test phases without us noticing? That's awful; let us know about it so we can fix it. Or just scroll down the list and look for what you'd be interested in playing, we'll accept either.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it's running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it's usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called "open beta" soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Albion Online: Closed beta, launching July 17th
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Cloud Pirates: Early access
Crossout: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Fragmented: Early access
Gigantic: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early Access on Steam
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games
HEX: Unofficial open beta
LawBreakers: Closed alpha
Life is Feudal: Closed beta
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Master x Master: Alpha test
Mu Legend: Closed beta
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Origins of Malu: Development moving forward on battleground experience, MMO suspended
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Paladins: Closed beta
Paragon: Open beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription "early enrollment"
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Revelation Online: Closed beta
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Exiled: Early access; formerly Das Tal
The Repopulation: Ownership changed, testing reopens Q1 2017
Tree of Life: Open beta
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha testing
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Early access planned for Q1 2017