The MOP Up: Wakfu hikes up a mountain (March 12, 2017)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we have stories and videos from Heroes and Generals, Faeria, City of Heroes, Lineage M, Armored Warfare, Wakfu, Ark Park, Dauntless, Dark Age of Camelot, Overwatch, Blade and Soul: Table Arena, League of Legends, Strikers Edge, and Final Fantasy XI, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Dauntless: The decision to integrate IKinema technology into this co-op title has allowed the team “to do things with Dauntless that we weren’t sure we would be able to achieve at the beginning.” [Source: press release]
- Ark Park: This VR title has astoundingly steep requirements to tour a dino museum.
- Faeria: Take a gander at this gorgeous-looking card battler that just launched on Steam (and it’s free-to-play to boot!). [Thanks CecilArcelle!]
- Dark Age of Camelot: A small patch was deployed this past week to deal with some issues with mice. Are you a left- or right-clicker?
- Wakfu: Climb the peaks of Mount Zinit, the newest zone in Wakfu, and find out a little about the making of this mountain in this week’s dev blog.
- Final Fantasy XI: This month’s patch has a hodge-podge of improvements, including its escutcheon system and Records of Eminence. We’ll assume that makes sense if you play the game.
- Heroes and Generals: A new rendering engine should improve everyone’s performance while playing the game (and that’s good news!).
- Final Fantasy XI: Come on back to this fantasy MMO! FFXI is running a login campaign from April 2nd through the 9th with all sorts of prizes for attending.
- City of Heroes: The community is brainstorming names for the game’s 13th anniversary badge. What would you recommend?
Odds and Ends
- Overwatch: Don’t count the story out just yet in this game; Blizzard told fans, “One of our goals for 2017 is to try to have more frequent story-related updates and content, so we’re very busy with that.” Also, the studio confirmed that Symmetra is, indeed, an autistic hero.
- E-sports: If e-sports are actually sports, do e-sports athletes require physical therapists to help them too? Apparently yes.
- League of Legends: Riot is going after a man in court that the studio accuses of trafficking in stolen accounts.
- Armored Warfare: Learn more about the backstory and lore of this “broken world” of the 2030s that you’re fighting over!
If you like pixel art and PvP, check out Strikers Edge — it’s got plenty of both!
What do you get when you mash up Blade and Soul with virtual reality and MOBA-style combat? You get Blade and Soul: Table Arena, and it looks pretty darn fascinating!
The mobile remake of Lineage, Lineage M, released its second trailer to show the similarities and differences of this title: