The MOP Up: Kali awakens in Dragon Nest (March 19, 2017)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we have stories and videos from Pokemon Go, Conan Exiles, Warframe, Crash Force, Heroes of the Storm, Armored Warfare, Elder Scrolls Online, TERA, Avabel Online, Overwatch, Aion, Glory Ridge, Dragon Nest, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Crash Force: Yes, I would like to play an online hovercraft battler/racer game with RPG elements, thank you very much!
- Aion: Patch 5.4 is coming to EU servers on April 5th, bringing new battlefields, set options, and the Aion Book of Monsters. Spooky!
- Avabel Online: A new advanced class for the Revenger has been added, allowing players to spec as an Inferno with all sorts of fire powers. [Source: press release]
- Heroes of the Storm: Earn yourself a free two-headed Ogre character with this past week's update, which also contains an expanded free hero rotation and the start of 2017 ranked season one.
- Conan Exiles: A small patch fixed some exploits, allowed friendly fire settings, and... um, this: "Female characters have stopped taking testosterone and should now sound like females."
Odds and Ends
- Overwatch: An underdog wildcard team is making waves with their crazy tactics and impressive results. Will they rise to the top? In other Overwatch news, apparently 22% of players use integrated graphics. Which is equally crazy.
- TERA: The dev team had a lot of fun with its anything-goes test server Wonderholme, but now the good times are gone (at least for the time being).
- Tinder: How is this popular hookup app like an MMO? One writer sees eerie similarities between them!
- Elder Scrolls Online: Music from ESO and other video games will be featured at the Leeds International Festival in Yorkshire on April 25th. It's their first video game concert ever!
- Pokemon Go: The game has settled down to "normal" levels of activity, but is still getting its users to walk on average 2,000 more steps a day.
- Warframe: Warframe merch -- including a vinyl soundtrack -- is going to be available through iam8bit very soon!
Looking for a new MMO strategy game? Glory Ridge announced this past week that it will be making the jump from China to the west. "Glory Ridge allows players to build their own empire and then take on other players using their own heroes and armies to set forth for total domination in both PVE and PVP." [Source: press release]
Dragon Nest is giving Kali a huge skill overhaul this month -- and making a big to-do out of it as well.
Take a look at Armored Warfare's newest map, Barren Divide: