The MOP Up: ARK’s console editions get a hair-do (March 26, 2017)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we have stories and videos from Destiny, Eternal Crusade, Elder Scrolls Legends, Hearthstone, Pokemon Go, MU Legend, Lineage II, ARK, Ultima Online, Sword of Shadows, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Ragnarok Online, Heroes and Generals, Elsword, and Dota 2, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Sword of Shadows: Snail’s newest mobile game launched on March 22nd for both Android and iOS, so check out the martial arts action.
- MU Legend: This action-RPG follow-up to MU Online has launched… in Korea. Hopefully soon in the west?
- The Elder Scrolls Legends: While it’s been out on PC for a while, the mobile version of this virtual card game recently launched on March 22nd.
- Heroes and Generals: Getting patched up in WWII is easier than before, thanks to Update 1.05’s medic pouch and first aid kit.
- Ghost Recon Wildlands: A rather sizable quality-of-life patch went in for both consoles and PC, so here’s hoping it made your game better! [Thanks DK!]
- Eternal Crusade: Squigs? We’ve got a patch for that! Also, other bits too, but we all know that squigs get top priority.
- Ultima Online: The 20th anniversary celebration meet-up is already at full capacity and is taking wait list names at this point.
- Pokemon Go: There’s a global water event going on right now through March 29th, so go get wet (but, y’know, not your phone)! You might just catch yourself a shiny monster.
Odds and Ends
- Dota 2: There’s an interesting web series going on in which a Dota 2 “teacher” instructs a complete newbie in the fine art of dominating at this MOBA.
- Raph Koster: One of MMO industry’s greats is back for another podcast, this one focused on the indie development scene.
- Lineage II: The community has spoken, and the new EU server that launched on March 21st was dubbed Ramona. [Source: press release]
- Ragnarok Online: You can now get some of this MMO experience by playing Ragnarok Journey, a web portal version of the game.
- Hearthstone: Quest cards are a part of the Journey to Un’Goro expansion set, so find out what these will add to your play experience in a new dev diary.
- Neowiz: In an effort to rebrand and “restore the pioneering spirit” of the company, all of Neowiz’ properties have been consolodated into a single brand name of Neowiz.
It’s the final chapter of Destiny, so it’s bound to be epic. Here’s the launch trailer for Age of Triumph!
ARK: Survival Evolved got itself a fancy new update for its console editions that included new hairstyles, more creatures, and additional tek tier content:
Let’s catch up with a new Elsword mobile spin-offs, shall we? Elsword: Shadow of Luna is currently in closed beta testing in Korea and has a bevy of auto-attacks and auto-skills to ease the difficulty of playing on smartphones and tablets. Check out these gameplay videos:
What the heck is Ragnarok R? This short teaser doesn’t really illuminate the answer but serves to get our speculation going.