Leaderboard: What’s the most important part of MMORPG character customization?
Valiance Online has a dev thread up this week asking backers and devs to propose hairstyles for the game’s characters, something that immediately yoinked my attention since I am notoriously picky about hair. As I’ve written before, I’m not against mohawks. Mohawks are cool. But when we open up a character creator and see 50 different types of mohawks and little else? Drives me bonkers. I’m exaggerating a little, but the variety in most MMOs isn’t so hot, and that’s partly down to clipping issues, I realize. Still, hair specifically is super important to me when I’m rolling a character. It’s definitely in my top three, probably right after gender.
How about you? What’s the most important part of MMORPG character customization to you? You can pick three!
What's the most important part of MMORPG character customization? (Choose three.)
- Name (12%, 67 Votes)
- Gender (18%, 98 Votes)
- Species or faction (11%, 61 Votes)
- Height (2%, 10 Votes)
- Body type or weight (10%, 55 Votes)
- Facial features (9%, 52 Votes)
- Hair (11%, 63 Votes)
- Age (1%, 7 Votes)
- Skin color (2%, 12 Votes)
- Clothes, armor, or accessories (14%, 78 Votes)
- Extras like tats and piercings (1%, 8 Votes)
- Body sliders for genitalia (2%, 13 Votes)
- Character biographies (1%, 7 Votes)
- Something else (tell us in the comments) (1%, 6 Votes)
- Elf butts of course / just want to see the answers (3%, 18 Votes)
Total Voters: 227