Betawatch: Secret World Legends is here (June 30, 2017)
Yes, it happened; Secret World Legends has launched for everyone, although it did have a bit of a problem with a whole lot of currency exploitation. If you’re on the fence about checking it out, you can take a look at MJ’s experience after a week, or you can take a look at Larry’s take on the title. Let’s see what happens next, yes?
Well, I know what happens next in this column: We go into a list. Let’s go down the list. It’s other beta news.
- Things got quiet for The Exiled for a while, but the developers are back on track and hard at work. That’s good, even if it does mean anyone hoping the game was a runaway success will be a touch disappointed.
- If you’ve got some interest in Transformers Online, it’s in open beta in China. It’s also very much like another title which rhymes with “Clover botch,” if that helps.
- The heart and soul of Crowfall is the campaign system, and the game is ramping up to test it. That’s really the core of the game right there, if it needs to be said, so it will be very interesting to see how that testing goes.
- Beta testing for Escape from Tarkov will start next month, although we don’t yet know when in July that’s taking place. Before the end, presumably.
- Last but not least, action MMO title Kritika Online has moved into open beta, so you can try that out for yourself if you have a need for some smash-happy action.
We’ve also got some more list for you down below, listing a whole bunch of other titles currently in various test phases. Of course, sometimes titles manage to slip from our notice, or they wind up soft-launching without us being aware of it. So please, let us know if that happened in the comments, all right? Thanks.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Albion Online: Closed beta, launching July 17th
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Cloud Pirates: Early access
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dark and Light: Closed beta
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Fragmented: Early access
Gigantic: Open beta, launching on July 20th
Gloria Victis: Early Access on Steam
H1Z1: Paid early access, split into two games
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kritika Online: Open beta
LawBreakers: Beta June 28th, Launch August 8th
Legends of Aria: Alpha, formerly known as Shards Online
Life is Feudal: Closed beta
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
Mu Legend: Closed beta
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Origins of Malu: Development moving forward on battleground experience, MMO suspended
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Paladins: Closed beta
Paragon: Open beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Sea of Thieves: Technical alpha
SkySaga: Open beta soft launch approaching, date not yet announced
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Exiled: Early access; formerly Das Tal
The Repopulation: Closed alpha
Tree of Life: Open beta
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha testing
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Worlds Adrift: Closed beta