Dark and Light preps huge bug-fixing and quality-of-life patch
Snail Games is riding high after Dark and Light’s early access launch last week, and it’s already prepping its next big patch, which the team says focuses heavily on bugs and quality-of-life tweaks. It’s also pretty amusing. Of note,
- Missing textures, collision issues, the UI mess, and lighting slowdowns are all due for a fix.
- The Sacred Path area is getting better rain, ouchy lava, and improved physics, plus a less-dark night. There will be less crud in the cities to trip you up too. “It’s called The Sacred Path for a reason,” Snail quips.
- Bugged quests that improperly tracked progress are being severely punished; the studio promises “a number of revisions and optimizations to our quest system throughout the Early Access period.”
- Everybody complains about character creation animations, so those have been “improved slightly.” Bonus? “Male characters’ short hair no longer looks like Muckripper scales.”
- Bugs with taming, busted weapon spells, alchemy, bedrolls, and elementals are all being addressed.
- “Blacksmiths Talos and Estel have found their clothes and underwear.” Bless.
Finally, wrecking buildings is getting an optimization pass.
“What’s the fun of buildings on a PvP server if you can’t destroy them? We’ve noticed that there are some issues with effects related to building damage and destruction. We want to deliver a real visceral experience for players when attacking / destroying structures, so we’re continuing to optimize these effects.”