The MOP Up: Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet announced (October 29, 2017)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Dauntless, EverQuest, TERA, Old School RuneScape, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet, Path of Exile, Destiny 2, Survarium, Blade and Soul, Shot Online, Black Desert, and Elite: Dangerous, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Dauntless: Follow the game on Instagram to see some of its gorgeous concept art!
- Blade and Soul: A small patch this week made some minor adjustments. It’ll rock your world, as long as you’re very, very easily rocked.
- Black Desert: The sandbox MMO appeared at PAX Australia this weekend to show off its console edition. The studio touted that it has accumulated 7.65 million users to date. Also, the team helped a world boss be less shy around players.[Source: press release]
- Shot Online: This golf MMO just celebrated its 10-year anniversary of live operation. Congrats!
Odds and Ends
- Elite: Dangerous: Get your second edition of the Sagittarius Eye and find out what’s the happenings in this game! [Thanks Wilfrid!]
- Path of Exile: The studio teased images of upcoming uniques. Intrigued?
- Old School RuneScape: The dev team talked more about its planned “wilderness rejuvenation.”
- TERA: Have elite status? You’re getting even more benefits than before!
Watch the EverQuest developers play through the new Ring of Scale expansion:
Bandai Namco announced Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet, a multiplayer cooperative title set in the popular anime universe:
Here’s everything Destiny 2 did to tailor the game for the PC experience:
Survarium introduced its first-ever cooperative mission with Patch 0.50: