Leaderboard: What do you do when you see cheating in an MMO?
I think we can safely say that violence is probably not the answer to video game cheating, however vindicating it may feel. So what is? I thought it would make for an interesting Leaderboard to find out what you do. Whenever I come upon cheaters, I usually just report and move on with my life, but other people take these things to extremes, I know, and those extremes may actually be more productive for getting the studio to take notice. Let’s hit the polls and find out.
What do you do when you see cheating in an MMO? (Choose as many as apply.)
- Nothing. (7%, 20 Votes)
- Report. (40%, 113 Votes)
- Ignore/block/blacklist. (17%, 48 Votes)
- Call it out in chat. (7%, 20 Votes)
- Collect proof and send it to the studio. (9%, 26 Votes)
- Collect proof and post it to Reddit/social media. (2%, 5 Votes)
- Quit the game. (7%, 19 Votes)
- Harass the cheater out-of-game in some way. (1%, 4 Votes)
- Join in the hacking in order to seek revenge. (0%, 1 Votes)
- Join in the hacking in order to compete. (1%, 2 Votes)
- None of the above. (1%, 4 Votes)
- No response / elf butts / just want to view tally. (7%, 20 Votes)
Total Voters: 170