Betawatch: Ashes of Creation testing is set for today (December 15, 2017)
Who wants to play a guessing game? If you’re an Ashes of Creation backer, you get to play one whether you answered yes or no! See, the game’s first test is scheduled to start today, so everyone gets to find out if they’re in one of the expected invitation waves or not. A new storefront was launched on the official site regardless, with the actual kickoff of testing expected later today (there’s supposedly a stream at 6 p.m. EST). There’s a lot of guessing going on.
More pre-holiday beta news? Yes, before the real lull begins.
- OrbusVR has definitely started its early access today, although some people got in even earlier than that. But it’s today no matter what, so unless you possess a multi-directional time machine, that’s what you have to work with.
- Conan Exiles is super for-real launching next year on May 8th, 2018, so get your testing fun in now before it’s… no longer in testing. That seemed more final at first.
- The bad news for Worlds Adrift players is that its 0.16 patch and associated wipe will not happen before the holidays. The good news is that the 0.15 patch will happen before the holidays. Although depending on how you feel about that wipe, maybe it’s good news all around.
- Console testing for TERA is here! But you probably aren’t invited. It’s a very small group of testers right now, you see. Don’t worry, you’ll have other chances.
- Did you drop a whole lot of money on Pantheon? Then you could be testing it right now! Although you’re probably busy working at whatever high-paying job allowed you to drop all that money on it. We don’t know your work schedule.
- Last but not least, the Ranger and Assassin have arrived for this round of testing in Crowfall. It’s like a holiday miracle, except most holiday miracles involve slightly less murder. Maybe for Festivus.
So happy not-quite-holidays, folks! And check out our list just below, let us know things that have jumped testing phases without us noticing, you know the deal. Just remember that testing games isn’t a gift, it’s a responsibility. Like puppies, or baby llamas, or insect-raising kits, or LEGO kits that request you building several dozen models before you’re allowed to stop.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Closers: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Closed beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
H1Z1: King of the Kill: Paid early access
Just Survive: Paid early access
Legends of Aria: Final alpha, formerly known as Shards Online
Life is Feudal: Open beta
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
OrbusVR: Closed beta events
Origins of Malu: Development moving forward on battleground experience, MMO suspended
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Exiled: Early access; formerly Das Tal
The Repopulation: Closed alpha
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha testing
Wild Buster: Limited alpha testing
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Wild West Online: Early access alpha
Worlds Adrift: Closed beta