The MOP Up: Overwatch rings in the Lunar New Year (February 4, 2018)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from EVE Online, CSGO, Fortnite, EverQuest II, Star Wars Battlefront II, Black Desert, War of Rights, Armored Warfare, Dota 2, Hellion, Elder Scrolls Online, Overwatch, Fortnite, Final Fantasy XI, and Pokemon Go, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Hellion: The team is migrating the game to Unity 2017, optimizing modules, and tackling a series of bugs.
- Dota 2: Valve promised a faster patching cadence with this MOBA going forward.
- War of Rights: Update 94 brought a new scenario for players, Antietam: Skirmish at East Woods.
- Fortnite: The minigun and cozy campfire finally arrived in version 2.4.
- Pokemon Go: Players are reporting others hacking all over the place during the game’s EX raids. [Thanks Pepperzine!]
- Final Fantasy XI: A Winter Relic Reforging Campaign is planned to rage from February 11th through the end of the month. Enjoy increased seal and crest drops!
- Overwatch: The Lunar New Year kicks in on February 8th and brings the Year of the Dog to the game.
Odds and Ends
- Fortnite: Epic Games settled another and much smaller lawsuit against a player accused of cheating.
- Elder Scrolls Online: Why don’t you get to know another one of the game’s key characters, Yisareh?
- Black Desert: The team permabanned three players for a very severe exploit.
- Star Wars Battlefront II: Microtransactions are coming back soon… but we don’t know the specifics just yet.
- EverQuest II: The Fallen Gate progression server just unlocked the Fallen Legacy content.
- Counter-Strike GO: The game’s co-creator was arrested for alleged sexual exploitation of a child. He was also suspended by Valve.
- EVE Online: Gorge on the monthly economic report, you financial fiends!
Armored Warfare: Assault is coming to mobile devices later this month: