SWTOR’s spring content: Cash shop overhaul, conquest revamp, new flashpoint – but probably not a ‘traditional expansion’
But maybe the roadmap will. As promised, BioWare posted the roadmap yesterday, and it’s happening as a living document in the forums from BioWare’s Keith Kanneg himself, as he says, to “not make it seem like [the devs] disappeared into the ether.” So here’s what we’re looking at for content in the short term. In March, expect GU 5.8: Command Authority; it features
- big (unspecified) changes to the cash shop based on feedback;
- the return of companions Ashara Zabros and Vector Hyllus;
- a romanceable Arcann companion;
- new companion gifts to boost influence levels to 50 (not something you can just buy outright, however);
- a fifth boss (with two modes) for the Gods from the Machine Operation (though not all bosses are getting that Master mode, note);
- and a major revamp to the Conquest system.
“We’ve made substantial improvements to the Conquest system including a new interface, new daily objectives, new missions, and more,” Kanneg says. “Most importantly, we have rewritten the backend system to ensure you benefit from your weekly efforts.”
April brings GU 5.9: The Nathema Conspiracy, with
- a new storyline flashpoint with suitable loot and craftables;
- the return of companions Felix Iresso, Mako, and Akaavi;
- rewards for people who don’t suck at the boss from GU 5.8 (ahem);
- and another subber promo.
And what about beyond April? It’s probably not the formal expansion you’re hoping for.
“We heard feedback from some of you indicating you missed having a more ‘traditional’ expansion and you’d rather wait so it all comes at once. I like having updates released regularly versus waiting long periods of time in-between patches. Although this remains our current plan, we are also laying out what we’ll include in a 6.0 Game Update. We’ll keep you informed of our summer, fall and winter plans throughout the coming months.”