The MOP Up: FFXIV’s Eorzean Symphony (February 18, 2017)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from RuneScape, TERA, EVE Online, World of Warships Blitz, Path of Exile, PUBG, Final Fantasy XIV, Vainglory, Path of Exile, and MU Legend, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- World of Warships Blitz: The mobile version of the PvP title has already racked up 3 million players since its launch last month. [Source: Press release]
- Vainglory: The popular mobile MOBA just patched in a highly anticipated 5v5 mode for players to enjoy.
- RuneScape: The studio just started testing the hyped mining and smithing overhaul.
- Path of Exile: Grinding Gear announced the winners of the community talent contest! Also, check out these player-created hideouts!
- TERA: The MMO’s Lunar New Year event has login rewards and bonuses running through the first part of this week, so get in while the getting is good.
Odds and Ends
- Final Fantasy XIV: Two soundtrack symphonies of this game’s score are planned for this year: Los Angeles on June 15th and 16th, and Dortmund on August 24th and 26th.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds: Thanks to the success of this game, Bluehole is treating all of its employees to $9,000 of incentives apiece.
- EVE Online: CCP is making adjustments to facilitate future massive battles between players.
The new Spellbinder class is coming to MU Legend in March: