The MOP Up: Path of Exile reads your future in the cards (February 25, 2018)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Conqueror’s Blade, MapleStory Blitz, Darkfall: Rise of Agon, Skyforge, Path of Exile, Armored Warfare Assault, Aura Kingdom, and MechWarrior Online, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Armored Warfare Assault: The mobile version of the heavy vehicle PvP game is now available on iOS and Android devices.
- MapleStory Blitz: The card game based on the MMO has launched in 16 countries around the world.
- Conqueror’s Blade: The game’s European X test is set to commence on March 2nd.
- MechWarrior Online: The February 20th patch added the Black Lanner 55-ton ‘mech and a new system that auto-bans disruptive players.
- Skyforge: This past week saw a small patch with some fixes and a new Aelion promotion.
- StarCraft II: Blizzard’s 4.2.0 patch aims to buff up co-op play.
Odds and Ends
- Twitch: Banned CSGO streamer James Varga, who was caught up in a gambling controversy, is now suing the platform for damages.
- SpatialOS: SpatialOS studio Improbable and French studio Darewise “announced a technology partnership that will see Darewise explore the application of Improbable’s SpatialOS game development platform in their future game development.”
- WoW: Who da real MVP? Probably not you, unless you jump through a bunch of hoops on Blizzard’s forums.
Check out this Darkfall: Rise of Agon siege video and see if it’s not calling you to participate:
League of Legends called to the daughter of the void — and she replied. Meet Kai’sa:
Taiwan-based X-Legend announced that it will be self-publishing Aura Kingdom Mobile worldwide: