Betawatch: Wild West Online is getting a big revamp (March 9, 2018)
Remember Wild West Online? The game made a lot of noise through early testing, but it went fairly quiet. Turns out the reason for that was a top-to-bottom revamp of the game’s client, so there have been a lot of changes in the current version of the game. Good news, though, that test version is almost ready for players to try.
More beta news? Sure thing, that’s what we usually do here. It’s a thing.
- The fifth alpha test for Prosperous Universe is live and will be running for at least four weeks. There’s not much else to say, it’s burning right along.
- SoulWorker Online continues its open beta with a promise of no character wipes and an opening of a cash shop. Around these parts, we call that “launch.” It has thus been pulled from our list of games in testing because that’s how we roll.
- The early access launch of Project Gorgon is now slated for next week on Steam. If you have ever wanted to play a game in which you could be transformed into a deer and develop a whole line of skills around being a deer, you will find this release invaluable. (This is a good thing.)
- Want to support Dual Universe? Take part in its new bit of perpetual crowdfunding. All of the cool kids are doing it these days. Buy a founder’s pack for the game, only they don’t call it that.
- Last but not least, it’s been a long wait, but City of Titans is ready to show off its avatar creation tool, and it looks pretty good. Considering we’re talking about a superhero game, that is a big deal.
And yes, there is a list below with a whole lot of games in testing. Some of them might also be in “open beta” hiding no planned wipes and an open cash shop, and if you could let us know about that, we’d be grateful. You have to keep your eyes open for these things. They’re tricky.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed; we also do not list expansions, with occasional exceptions.
AdventureQuest 3D: Open beta
Ashes of Creation: Backer alpha zero
Boundless: Donor alpha
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha, beta on July 4th
Children of Ur: Open alpha
Citadel: Forged with Fire: Early access
Closers: Closed beta
Crowfall: Backer pre-alpha
Cube World: Closed alpha
Dauntless: Closed beta
Dark and Light: Early access
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dual Universe: Pre-alpha
ECO: Early access open beta
Edengrad: Early access
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: Open beta
Gloria Victis: Early access on Steam
Global Adventures: Closed beta
Just Survive: Paid early access
Legends of Aria: Closed beta
Life is Feudal: Early access
Line of Defense: Early access, removed from Steam
OrbusVR: Early access
Osiris: New Dawn: Early access
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
SamuTale: Closed alpha
Sea of Thieves: Closed beta
Star Citizen: Backer alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Black Death: Early access alpha
The Culling: Early access testing
The Exiled: Early access; formerly Das Tal
The Repopulation: Early access alpha
TUG: Early access alpha, possibly abandoned
Valiance Online: Alpha
Wild Terra: Steam early access
Wild West Online: Early access alpha
Worlds Adrift: Closed beta