The MOP Up: EverQuest II’s Fallen Gate moves forward (April 22, 2017)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Uncharted Waters Online, The Division, Paladins, TERA, Reign of Guilds, War Thunder, Escape from Tarkov, Magic the Gathering Arena, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Wakfu, ARK Park, EverQuest II, Pokemon Go, Elder Scrolls Online, Crossout, EverQuest, Neverwinter, Citadel, and Kritika Online, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Crossout: The Knight Riders have returned to the post-apocalyptic landscape with lots of wicked-looking gear to attain.
- Magic the Gathering Arena: A big patch coming on April 26th will add Dominaria and events to the test server.
- Royal Blood: This mobile MMO, which boasts 70v70 PvP fights, just went into testing on Google Play.
- Reign of Guilds: What is “dynamic vendor balance?” You’re about to find out in this new developer diary.
- Iron Throne: You can now preregister for Netmarble’s newest mobile strategy MMO, complete with castle building!
- Kritika Online: Some of April’s big patch features, such as its Second Awakenings, have been moved to the May build. Check out the updated roadmap for more info.
- Citadel: Forged With Fire: Big optimization improvements and the addition of quests arrived with the April 13th patch.
- Survarium: Patch 0.52 is here with the game’s first-ever coop story mission and a new renderer.
- Uncharted Waters Online: Two words — Atlantis Returns.
- Neverwinter: Are you going to PvP with the devs on April 26th?
- War Thunder: You can experience over 40 events from World War II with the game’s new event — and even earn yourself four premium vehicles in the process.
Odds and Ends
- EverQuest: The next content unlocks for the Ragefire and Lockjaw progression servers might be happening on April 30th.
- Nexon: The gaming publisher has fully bought out Korean developer Ngine Studios (Ngine runs Arpiel Online, which is published by Nexon).
- Elder Scrolls Online: Who is Razum-Dar? Meet Summerset’s roguish Eye of the Queen in this character bio.
- Pokemon Go: Charmander is confirmed to come this May!
- EverQuest II: The Fallen Gate progression server just unlocked the Estate of Unrest and Shard of Fear.
- ARK Park: Snail Games opened up in an interview about the future of this VR title.
- Wakfu: The second episode of Ankama Live, the team talks about guild services and the statsis dungeon revamp.
- Heroes of the Storm: Blizzard introduced new tech for to catch players engaging in hostile chat.
- TERA: The game’s weird seasonal pass is trying to be more transparent, so here’s what you can expect to get out of the item pass.
- Paladins: Speaking of passes, you can now buy or earn the battle pass for this game to earn loot by leveling up.
- The Division: The game’s movie — you remember that this is a thing? — will be directed by Deadpool 2’s David Leitch.
Escape from Tarkov’s Patch 0.8 is here, and players can fight in and around the new Interchange map:
What’s Hearthstone’s new Monster Hunt solo mode like? The devs walk you through it:
Heavy Metal Machines shows off its new arena, Cursed Necropolis: