The MOP Up: Hyper Universe is heading to Xbox One (May 27, 2018)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Mu Ignition, The Black Death, Citadel, World of Speed, Armored Warfare, Portal Knights, Crossout, Destiny 2, Reign of Guilds, Skyforge, Hyper Universe, RF Online, Dark and Light, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Reign of Guilds: How does being a Count influence the crafting process? Oh, wouldn’t you like to know.
- The Black Death: Work continues on localization, the decay system, and controller support. And check out the new main menu!
- Dark and Light: May 17th’s patch began a balance pass on Archos’ creatures to make them feel “more distinctive and unique.” Then the May 23rd update included more optimization and bug fixes.
- RF Online: Let’s catch up with this title, shall we? Patch 4.25 made some changes to level requirements, added six new battle dungeon keys, included a buffing NPC, boosted loot drops, allowed players to combine items, and added repeatable quests. The team also opened up a new server called Pegasus. [Thanks Austin!]
- Skyforge: Divine weapon tweaks and class changes are all part of this small update.
- Portal Knight: The Creator’s Update brings a “creative mode, universe sharing, pirate city” and other ways for players to create and share their imaginations.
- World of Speed: Update 0.4 brings ranked race changes, player profile pages, and some other goodies.
- Citadel: Forged With Fire: The team is still patching to fix the decay bug — hope this round works!
Odds and Ends
- Destiny 2: Here’s how the game’s newest mode is hurting itself by limiting it to just three players.
Meet MU Ignition’s newest class, the Magic Gladiator:
Armored Warfare is dealing with a Caribbean Crisis — and you’ll need to handle some special ops to get it sorted out:
Don’t think big, think HUGE with Crossout’s leviathans! We hear they’re pretty effective in clan battles:
Hyper Universe is making its way over to Xbox One and Xbox One X on August 7th: