Official Contest & Giveaway Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: There is no purchase required to enter or win any Massively Overpowered contest or giveaway.
2. SPONSOR: Contests and giveaways printed on this website are issued and sponsored by Overpowered Media Group, LLC through Massively Overpowered.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Contests and giveaways are open only to legal residents of the 50 US states or Canada excluding Quebec who are over the age of 18. Employees and contractors of Overpowered Media Group, LLC and Massively Overpowered past or present as well as their families and household members are never eligible. Void where prohibited by law, including US territories and Quebec. Exceptions for international entries will be printed in applicable contest and giveaway postings.
4. AGREEMENT: Participation in Massively Overpowered contests and giveaways constitutes the entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of all official rules printed here and in applicable contest and giveaway postings as well as all decisions of the contest or giveaway organizer. Participation and winning are contingent upon the fulfillment of all requirements issued here. Overpowered Media Group, LLC reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a contest or giveaway whose security, fairness, or proper conduct has been compromised. Any person found to be tampering with the entry process or otherwise in violation of these rules will be disqualified. Overpowered Media Group, LLC reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the extent permitted by law.
5. ENTRY: Entry instructions and the start and end dates and times of any contest or giveaway entry period will be printed publicly in applicable contest and giveaway postings on the Massively Overpowered website.
6. WINNER SELECTION: After a contest or giveaway entry period has concluded, Overpowered Media Group, LLC will select winners based on the terms outlined in the contest or giveaway posting according to its format:
a. GIVEAWAYS: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among eligible entries supervised by Overpowered Media Group, LLC through Massively Overpowered. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the entry period.
b. CONTESTS: Winners will be selected by a judge or panel of judges chosen by Overpowered Media Group, LLC through Massively Overpowered in accordance with the criteria and terms outlined in the contest posting.
7: WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by email within two weeks of the end of the entry date unless other terms are specified in the contest or giveaway posting. Winners must provide their full name, age, and mailing address via an affidavit of eligibility. If a winner does not respond to email within the specified time frame, Overpowered Media Group, LLC may disqualify that winner and select an alternate winner. Overpowered Media Group, LLC shall not be liable for a winner's failure to transmit accurate contact information or failure to receive properly sent notices as a result of faulty email security. To request the name(s) of the winner(s) of any contest or giveaway, email Overpowered Media Group, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received within 30 days of the entry period's end.
8: PRIZES: Prizes for Massively Overpowered contests and giveaways will be disclosed in the contest or giveaway posting and transmitted to the winner(s) within one month of confirmation of eligibility. Prizes are nontransferable and will not be substituted except at the discretion of Overpowered Media Group, LLC, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in any contest or giveaway herein is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations.
9. ENDORSEMENT: By participating in any contest or giveaway on Massively Overpowered, entrants acknowledge that the contest or giveaway is in no way endorsed by, sponsored by, administered by, or affiliated with any social media service upon which any part of the contest or giveaway is conducted.
10. RIGHTS: All entries become the property of Overpowered Media Group, LLC. Participants hereby grant Overpowered Media Group, LLC and Massively Overpowered a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to publish, store, reproduce, and distribute any submission transmitted here as part of a contest without compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power, and authority to grant the foregoing license. Overpowered Media Group, LLC and Massively Overpowered are under no obligation to use or return any submissions; the company reserves the right to use any and all information related to any contest or giveaway, including names and submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing, and other purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Overpowered Media Group, LLC, Massively Overpowered, and their affiliates, advertising agencies, employees, and contractors from any liability or litigation that may occur, directly or indirectly and regardless of negligence, from (i) participation in any contest or giveaway on this site and the acceptance or use of any prize; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of computer hardware or software or the unavailability of any internet service; and (iii) any unauthorized tampering or electronic or human error that may occur in the administration of a contest or giveaway.
12. DISPUTES: Contests and giveaways on Massively Overpowered are governed by the laws of the state of Pennsylvania. As a condition of participating in any contest or giveaway on this site, participants agree that any and all unresolvable disputes as well as any causes of action connected with this site's contests and giveaways will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the jurisdiction of Pennsylvania. Participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees.
While beta key giveaways involve no prizes with a monetary value, some of our contests and giveaways do, which makes them subject to and restricted by local and international laws governing sweepstakes and other such events with prizes. And the law in many countries, provinces, and states is overzealous when it comes to these types of contests. The Canadian province of Quebec, for example, expects contest-runners to register their events a month in advance and pay a fee to an oversight board. Some US states, like Rhode Island, likewise demand registration with the government of that state if the prizes exceed a certain value. So please understand that wading through the laws of dozens of principalities makes fully international contests too prohibitive for a little site like ours. It's not that we don't love our readers in Europe. Please, encourage your governments to change the way that sweepstakes law applies to the modern internet!
Please contact us and we'll sort it out.