Let me tell you, I’m really glad that Ascent: Infinite Realm already has a publishing deal for the west, because otherwise I would be figuratively biting my nails about the game’s first beta test in South Korea. I only just learned it existed, sure, but it’s a game about steampunk mechs and airships. If we get superheroes and cats, that’s pushing most of my buttons right away.
More beta news? Sure, what the hey!
- Guess what else has hit closed testing? That’s right, it’s Ironsight! Which is also a game including mechs, and it’s also a game with a brand-new trailer for you to enjoy to coincide with beta.
- Wait, has something else hit closed testing? Sort of! OrbusVR is is still humming along nicely, with the fourth beta test ready to kick off, so it’s still doing what needs to be done.
- And is there another title? Yes, there is! Wild West Online started its early access alpha, so you can stroll into the… actually, on second thought, we don’t need to invite Will Smith memes. You can fill the rest of that in yourself.
- Has Crowfall joined the beta/early access/soft launch crew? No! In fact, it won’t be signing on until 2018 at this point, just to give the developers a bit more time. So you can wait longer.
- What about Forsaken Legend? It’s still out there! But it’s not an MMO any more. Or less of one. Terminology is weird.
- Last but not least, why is Lineage 2 Revolution not on this list? Because it launched! Shock and amazement.
That’s a lot of questions followed by shouted responses, but we assure you there is less shouting in our list of games in testing down below. You can still respond to us in the comments, though; we like to hear from you. Especially if some game swapped test phases without us knowing about it. Those are useful responses!
Let’s get the bad news out of the way right out of the gate. The first beta for Ascent: Infinite Realm (the next game from Bluehole Studios, remember) is going to be in Korean, seeing as how the game is being developed by a Korean studio and all. If you’re looking forward to the game and your only language spoken is English, you will be out of luck. But at least you may not be out of luck very long, as the game is heading into beta quickly, with the first test starting up on December 13th.
Players will be able to experiment with all five of the game’s classes (Sorcerer, Mystic, Warlord, Gunner, and Assassin) as well as playing around with the game’s airships for some of the PvP modes. Check out a trailer and screenshots below; you may not be able to get into the game’s first round of beta testing, but with the fast pace it’s got for that first test, you can hope it’ll be coming over sooner rather than later. At least we know that Kakao is bringing it out over here.
Good morning! Who wants some genuinely good news for the MMORPG genre? Great. Black Desert publisher Kakao is bringing Ascent: Infinite Realm westward. That’d be the Bluehole MMO codenamed Project M as revealed at G-Star this year. The studios are touting the game’s open world, steampunk-cum-fantasy setting, and RvR aerial combat.
“Ascent: Infinite Realm takes place in a high fantasy steampunk world where machines and magic rule and everyone is dependent on flight to explore, travel, and conquer. In search of a new home, adventurers take to the skies using a wide selection of airships, vehicles, and flying mounts to traverse A:IR’s open, highly vertical world.”
Beta testing is expected in the first half of 2018, localized for English, German, and French.