Remember when Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen bombed pretty badly on Kickstarter? The good news for fans is that the day when that happened is in the past in every way; the game just completed another round of funding, and now it’s on very stable financial footing with its 15-person team. To celebrate, it made a class so cool only the head developer can play it. If you thought that naming your own avatar a lord and the dominant force in an entire game world would be the apex of nerdy self-insertion, you were apparently wrong.
Other beta news does not, however, include quite so much stuff to have a smile and a giggle about. It’s mostly just news. See, we’ll show you.
- Another public test is taking place for MechWarrior Online’s skill tree system, and don’t worry if you don’t understand the revamp just yet. The announcement goes into extensive detail.
- The first OrbusVR test wrapped up, and there’s a lengthy discussion of how, exactly, everything went. There was good, there was bad, there were lessons learned. Everyone laughed as the test closed off with a joke. Probably.
- If you’re still waiting for Bless Online to start testing over here, the Russian testing was shut down and shelved “indefinitely” for revisions. That is not what might be considered a good result.
- Valiance Online is quietly keeping its head down, working hard, and also upping backer rewards. For some reason we think about superhero games this time of year, who knows why.
- Speaking of superhero games, who wants to completely separate powers from their effects for custom visual flair? Because City of Titans will let you do exactly that.
- Last but not least, sandbox MMO Arcfall has showed up out of nowhere to jump into early access, although it doesn’t appear to actually be up for purchase just yet. The important thing is that it’s going to be.
And, yes, there’s a list down below. There’s always a list. Let us know if something’s missing, jumped phases, or whatever. We appreciate it!