Fans hotly anticipating Destiny 2 will be able to start testing the game on consoles next week, and you can pre-load the game now… assuming, of course, that you paid for it in advance. You can also check out a preview of its PvP, and if you believe Superdata, it’s going to be a big deal when it launches. Not that you needed an analysis firm to tell you that, of course.
Other beta news? Aw, heck, I guess we can do that.
- I think it’s time for another OrbusVR closed alpha test. The seventh, in fact; it is here and features pet dragons and hair. Hopefully not in the same space at the same time; dragons tend to not go well with hair. Burning smells and all that.
- Good news for those of you hoping for a self-proclaimed massive online sandbox RPG to drop out of the sky with little to no forewarning – here’s Citadel: Forged with Fire. Yes, that’s how it’s selling itself. Early access slated for later this month, which hopefully will be enough time for you to stop blinking in confusion. Perhaps reading about how magic will work might help?
- Speaking of sandbox titles, Tree of Life has quietly ambled along in early access for some time, but it’s exiting that stage of life and going into full launch in August. No exact date has been given, but August only has so many days, right?
- Riders of Icarus launched! I mean, sure, it had already launched a while back in every practical sense, but now it really launched officially. There are no backsies on that one.
- Last but not least, Albion Online celebrates its final week before a full launch by addressing a mild snafu regarding its founder packs. Hey, that ends things on a classy note, I’d say.
List of games in testing? Yeah, that’s here, just like always. Things are running normally, there is no need to be alarmed, the cat is on the mat. You can let us know if you like the betas you’re playing or if something slipped into a new test phase without us noticing in the comments, too. Familiarity is welcoming.