For everything, there is a season, turn turn turn. We’ve bid farewell to Albion Online this week, as it has launched properly and thus no longer qualifies as being in beta, but we also can say hello to the early access period for Dark and Light. Seriously, that just came out of nowhere, after ages of delays. It’s kind of awesome like that. So hooray for new early access!
We also bid farewell to Gigantic as it reaches its official launch. It’s like everyone graduating from college, although in this case college is full of supposed tests that are mostly a matter of building notoriety and… huh. That analogy works surprisingly well.
More testing news? Of course, friends, of course.
- The launch content for Tree of Life is available on the game’s test server, according to press releases. You can check out the game’s launch trailer, too, if you’d like.
- Good news for Destiny 2 fans on console, the open beta is running this weekend! Who doesn’t love that? PC players, presumably.
- Absolver isn’t quite an MMO, but it’s got a lot of the tropes, it has a nicely ornate combat system, and it’s launching on August 29th. So it’s all cool, and it’s almost there, right?
- As Chronicles of Elyria slowly rolls out its tribes, the developers have stressed the idea that you will have to pick and choose your tribe based on what you want to do in the game. So you can be whatever you want, as long as what you want is something your chosen tribe is already good at.
- Closed beta weekend in Citadel: Forged With Fire starting on Saturday? Don’t mind if we do. Yes, that’s moving particularly fast. So fast that you can fly, even.
- Last but not least, if you want to muck about on tropical islands while muttering about how this sly dog must’ve hidden the treasure in these parts, you’ll be quite excited about the riddle quests in Sea of Thieves. If you want to discuss how most pirate raids were about getting supplies instead of treasure and there was no reason to go bury this stuff… you should probably just bow out now, honestly.
Well, after all of that I’m sure everyone wants to retreat to the safety of the list of games in testing, yes? I know I do. It’s down below, and you can feel free to scroll through it and let us know if we’re missing something important in the comments.