Oh, boy, Star Citizen. It’s been a week. First, the little boy who would never lose faith in you lost faith in you. In a film, this is the point when you check into rehab. In real life, this is the point when the game released a trailer for alpha 3.2 that contains things not actually in alpha 3.2. And then they released another concept ship you can buy which looks… let’s be kind and say oddly similar to a ship from EVE Online. A well-known one. EVE Online had some fun with that. In short, the game is going to move to Australia.
Other beta news? Sure, yeah, let’s go for it.
- Amidst all the other news, The Crew 2 revealed its open beta will start on June 21st! You can try before you buy. Very briefly, because it launches on the Tuesday after that. So try hard.
- Pantheon is getting ready for its third pre-alpha, and it has a zone where everything works! That’s not sarcastic, that’s actually a landmark. I’m lucky when half of the zones in my home mostly work.
- The combat in Legends of Aria should be more sensible now. That’s welcome. Especially as you’ll be doing quite a bit more of it, as fast travel has been correspondingly weakened. Getting places is boring, or something.
- Why did Bless Online choose early access? Because Neowiz likes money? Probably, but maybe you should listen to the official explanation instead of being cynical. Or before being cynical anyway, we shan’t judge.
- Last but not least, Ship of Heroes has explained the team’s definitions of alpha, beta, open testing, and closed testing. There’s no snark to be had there. We like that sort of thing in this column.
Did you have a good week? Would you like to end it by looking at the games currently in testing? Would you like to tell us if something is mislabeled down in the comments? All of these things are good and you should do them.