The good news for fans of The Repopulation is that the game is coming back online. The bad news is... well, it's completely changed hands, with Idea Fabrik (owners of the Hero Engine) taking the game and making it their own. Will it be as good as it could have been? Will it release and be stable? We just don't know right now. But it's coming back. The owners are also starting just by bringing the alpha back online, lest you expect a whole new game out of the gate.
And there's more beta news! Oh, boy, is there ever more beta news.
- Wild Terra is hosting a free weekend for everyone, which is perfect if you want to test the game but wish to do so without having to pay for it up-front. The testing is open until January 24th. It's also looking into implementing some anti-grind measures.
- You'll be able to test MU Legend again on February 21st through February 28th, with a focus on improved localization. There will also be no data wiped from the first closed beta, so you can just jump in where you left off.
- Pathfinder Online had a state of the game letter that alludes to sending the game off to another studio for further development, which is possibly good news after the game's anemic and near-disastrous development up to now. Assuming, of course, that this is not a euphemism like sending a dog to a nice farm family.
- Early access for The Exiled will start on February 23rd, thus allowing everyone to buy in and play the game. That means a live game that's always available, rather than one with limited windows.
- The third closed beta for Revelation Online has begun, with plenty of new content included and a promotion asking you to spend a bunch of money to get more money.
And yes, there's a list, and it's just below. Did we miss something in there? Let us know down in the comments. Do you want to share your opinions on this week's beta news? Do so in the comments. Sharing feelings about betas? That's what the comment section is for, folks, don't let us stop you.