If you wanted to point to an MMO doing everything right when it comes to Kickstarter, The Repopulation would be a fine pick. Unfortunately, the game is in a tight spot due to the licensing agreements with its engine, and that situation is getting worse rather than better. When your game is talking about contingency plans, it’s a safe bet that things are going south.
While a lot of studios have been quiet for the past few days due to holidays, there has been other beta news just the same:
- The sixth closed alpha for SkySaga has kicked off, with no boundaries between American and European players.
- The beta for Elite: Dangerous‘ first expansion is delayed until November 30th.
- In brighter news, a worldwide launch for Sphere 3 is just around the corner when the game goes live on December 2nd.
- World of Warcraft launched an alpha with basically no fanfare for its next expansion, allowing players to play through a small bit of the Demon Hunter starting experience while also mining out data about bear forms.
- Elite Lord of Alliance left the beta arena to smash up the wild shores of launching.
- Devilian is kicking off its own open beta next week, with a full launch planned on December 10th.
- Last but not least, H1Z1 is fully resetting everything in preparation for various patches and a re-examination of some balance issues.
And, of course, there’s our usual buffet of list items just below. See something that jumped from testing to launch, or from closed testing to open testing? Let us know down in the comments, if you would be so kind.