The loss of EverQuest Next is bad news, but Landmark appears to be poised to absorb the strength of its fallen sibling with its further updates, like boss fights where you fight two things at once. The game is indeed getting a storytelling system, allowing everyone to jump in and craft stories, dungeons, and the like. Its next big update is due on Monday and will wipe characters and claims; two more such wipes are planned before the title finally launches.
The rest of the beta world, meanwhile, continued to move on full steam ahead.
- Paladins has deployed another major build to the game’s test servers, including a new payload map, Serpent’s Temple. One wonders what sort of payload is being delivered. Serpents, perhaps. (Thanks to Sorenthaz for pointing this out to us!)
- RuneScape Chronicle early access has begun, which means that the time has come for all closed beta testers to enjoy the benefit of their even earlier access. Stay tuned for normal access, slightly later access, and one-year delay access.
- Is there room in your heart for another digital card game? Star Crusade has released its first official trailer, and it wants your affection. And your attention. Also it wouldn’t mind having your stepstool, like, if you weren’t using it.
- Stronghold Kingdoms has released its trailer for its mobile versions, if you really like building castles all over the place but don’t like having to sit down in your actual home to do so.
- You can buy a founder’s pack for the upcoming Paragon, but you don’t have to content yourself with just a bunch of digital goodies that might blow away in the digital wind! There are hard copies available with your purchase as well. They’re quite material and may be used to install the game, or simply as an entertaining conversation piece.
And just like we always do, there’s more stuff down in the list below. Did we miss something? Let us know down in the comments, if you’d be so kind. We appreciate it.