I’m not going to pretend to fully understand why people are super excited about Tree of Savior, but I’m still very happy that the people who are super excited about it are seeing forward motion with its first English beta test on August 4th. Seriously, that’s great news; Phantasy Star Online 2 fans have been waiting for that much news since the game was announced, and that doesn’t seem to be happening.
Other beta news? Oh, yes.
- Dragon’s Dogma Online has a beta schedule and a release date, but it doesn’t have any announcements about localization. Put that in your dogma and… dragon it, I guess? That one got away from me.
- Early access testing for Armored Warfare is running from August 13th to August 30th if you like your warfare the same way you like your dinosaurs. (It is assumed you like armored dinosaurs.)
- Star Citizen fielded questions on another new ship while quietly scaling back some of its promised features for the Squadron 42 singleplayer campaign.
- The first public beta weekend for all of Guild Wars 2‘s first expansion will kick off on August 7th. Bring your friends! (Don’t load up on guns.)
- If you have deep affection for Inspirit Online, you should know that it is now in open beta with no more wipes! It all counts now.
- Holdings and outpost wars have gone live in Pathfinder Online, bringing one of the core features of the game into a playable state.
And yes, folks, there’s a list of games below! There always is. Plus, we’d love to know if a game slipped into a different testing phase but we missed it; let us know in the comments.