Remember Wild West Online? The game made a lot of noise through early testing, but it went fairly quiet. Turns out the reason for that was a top-to-bottom revamp of the game’s client, so there have been a lot of changes in the current version of the game. Good news, though, that test version is almost ready for players to try.
More beta news? Sure thing, that’s what we usually do here. It’s a thing.
- The fifth alpha test for Prosperous Universe is live and will be running for at least four weeks. There’s not much else to say, it’s burning right along.
- SoulWorker Online continues its open beta with a promise of no character wipes and an opening of a cash shop. Around these parts, we call that “launch.” It has thus been pulled from our list of games in testing because that’s how we roll.
- The early access launch of Project Gorgon is now slated for next week on Steam. If you have ever wanted to play a game in which you could be transformed into a deer and develop a whole line of skills around being a deer, you will find this release invaluable. (This is a good thing.)
- Want to support Dual Universe? Take part in its new bit of perpetual crowdfunding. All of the cool kids are doing it these days. Buy a founder’s pack for the game, only they don’t call it that.
- Last but not least, it’s been a long wait, but City of Titans is ready to show off its avatar creation tool, and it looks pretty good. Considering we’re talking about a superhero game, that is a big deal.
And yes, there is a list below with a whole lot of games in testing. Some of them might also be in “open beta” hiding no planned wipes and an open cash shop, and if you could let us know about that, we’d be grateful. You have to keep your eyes open for these things. They’re tricky.