First, Guardians of Ember had a headstart period for early access. Then, it actually hit early access. So it was even earlier access there. Hyper-early access. Maximum access. Of course, given that the game ran into some server troubles rather promptly, it may be up for debate how much early access was actually possible.
This week's list of beta news, by contrast, is not in early access. It's actually in delayed access, because we're rounding up some notable stuff you might have missed. Case in point?
- The fifth alpha version for ECO has gone live, complete with expanded support for climate and ecosystem, global temperature changes, and so forth. It also added foxes to the ecosystem, so that's solid gold right there. (I like foxes.)
- Speaking of fifth alphas (and how often is that a segue that gets to be used?), Worlds Adrift has brought in some new people for its fifth alpha test. It's an expansion! Of the team. Not the game. It's too early to expand the game; it hasn't launched yet.
- Global closed beta for Life is Feudal kicked off this past week with a small core of people who had bought into the testing and a pool of selected testers. It's also working on horse-drawn carriages. That's not connected to anything else; it's just worth noticing.
- Although it's been a short month for Shroud of the Avatar, the game did manage to get another release out of the door this month! One last iteration of polish before the new year rolls around, you know how it is.
- Last but not least, it turns out Camelot Unchained is going to integrate Discord right into the game, thus meaning that you have one fewer chat program you'll need to load up when you play the game. Or you'll have to flag yourself as invisible to avoid talking with people. Don't judge me.
And that's all that... wait, you want more? Ugh, fine, have a whole list of stuff that's in testing just below. You know, like we do every week. It's always possible we may have missed something important, though, so please let us know down in the comments if we did. That's helpful!