The teaser week for Crowfall is over, and it turns out the tease was all about decoupling races and classes altogether. No longer will all centaurs belong to the same archetype! Make a centaur everything! Of course, you could conceivably play races other than centaur, but why would you do that? You wouldn’t. You can prove you wouldn’t when the open beta arrives by the end of the year.
We’d like to end there, but the fact of the matter is that we’ve got to talk about things other than centaurs this week. For example, the other items on our list here.
- The open beta for Crossout starts on May 30th, and there will be no more wipes after that point. Does that mean that May 30th is functionally a launch, because there will be no wipes and the game is open to everyone? Yes, it really does. If you drew that conclusion, have a cookie.
- Another closed alpha has started for OrbusVR with some rather significant Warrior changes. There are also a few other changes which slipped in before the test patch hit the closed alpha realms. If you’re in the alpha, don’t forget that it only lasts 48 hours.
- ROKH is now available in early access. It’s a survival sandbox on Mars, so naturally it’s in early access. Survival sandboxes and early access go together like peanut butter and killing someone for peanut butter.
- The rather surprising Wild West Online has cancelled its Kickstarter plans… because it doesn’t need the funding. That’s unusual, isn’t it? But it’s happening. No Kickstarter, no early access. That’s rather invigorating. We had an interview about the title if your interest is now piqued.
- If you’d rather head back to the early days of the genre rather than the early days of colonizing the western United States, you could check out Arcfall now. It’s available in Early Access right now.
And that’s everything. Unless you count all of the other games we have down below in various stages of testing. You can let us know if one of those games jumped into a later test phase in the comments; it’d be silly, really, but it happens all the time.