It was bound to happen. No, really, it was; we were told that Revelation Online would head into its second round of closed testing, and behold, it did exactly that. It also has some additional localization, which means that it might reveal more details about it sstory to those who play over the holidays.
Beyond that, there is a surprising amount of beta news as we head into a holiday weekend when everyone is off on a cloud of eggnog and sweaters. What sort of news? Look below, dear readers!
- The dreaded NDA for Worlds Adrift has been slain! Tell the world everything you want about testing the game; the developers want you to do so! Really, they do, that’s hopefully good free marketing.
- Early access for Dark and Light is being delayed into 2017, which probably shocks no one but still means it’s not going to happen in the last week of December. Even it does not wish to associate itself with this horrid year.
- Rumor was that Bless Online was no longer destined for local shores, but that rumor proved to have less truth than your average song about Santa Claus. It’s still coming!
- There appear to be storm clouds on the horizon for Hero’s Song, although the company has not made any public statements about the situation.
- The FPS module of Star Citizen is finally arriving with the next patch, albeit with a somewhat anemic list of initial features. Good news, though; none of the various Crytek closures will affect the game’s development.
- Last but not least, War Thunder launched! After four years of universal open beta. And that’s why we remove games from the list before then.
That’s a lot of stuff, but there’s even more stuff down in the list below, games still in closed or open testing. See something on there which should not be? Let us know in the comments! (Just give us a few days. We’ve got eggnog and sweaters to deal with.)