The team behind Star Citizen is on the floor at Gamescom talking about 3.0, which would be pretty awkward if that update wasn’t already playable. (In other words, yes, super awkward.) The good news is that they can explain, apparently. At least the team brought part of the patch with them? And they’re confirming survival mechanics? And you can catch up on their live presentation?
Aw, heck, let’s just move on to other beta news, all right? Yes.
- The recap for the first OrbusVR beta is now available, delayed slightly by massive flooding issues. In the real world, just to be clear. The next test is planned for September 15th, so get your headset ready if you have one. (If not, well… as you were.)
- Bad news for The Repopulation fans; after everything the game has been through, the new developers are struggling to get the game’s next content patch together. This story needs a happier present, much less a happy ending.
- Eugh, let’s get some good news. How about Dual Universe kicking off pre-alpha on September 30th? Yes, “pre-alpha” is kind of ridiculous, but it’s something.
- All right, that’s not washing the taste out of your mouth? How about Moonlight Blade hitting its final closed beta test? That’s not actually a release date or anything for a localized version, but it’s closer, right?
- This just isn’t being optimistic. Let’s all sit down in Ever, Jane and enjoy a relaxing game of cards instead. Yes, cards. That’ll fix everything.
Perhaps we’ll all have better fortune down in the list. You remember the list, don’t you? It’s a list of games in testing, but there’s always the chance that something has jumped phases without us noticing, so we encourage you to let us know in the comments. Seriously, we appreciate it.