H1Z1 this week announced and then canceled plans to charge a monthly pass for its battle royale mode; it's still happening, Smed says, but not soon -- after all, the game's still in alpha. Daybreak also laid out its roadmap for the game's coming year. What else is new in the land of MMO testing?
- CCP opened EVE: Valkyrie pre-alpha registration to EVE Online and DUST 514 players. (Thanks Cosstarica!)
- Skyforge begins its second closed beta on March 24th.
- Daybreak began a Landmark competition to build EverQuest Next's Qeynos. Landmark also abolished claim upkeep and plans to do only one more character wipe.
- Crowfall heads into its final week of crowdfunding discussing mount mechanics, VR support, and territory development.
- At Fanfest, we learned that DUST 514's do-over Project Legion might be in dev limbo.
- Elite: Dangerous' Mac beta begins March 31st.
- Eternal Crusade has canceled its planned early modules to focus on founder access.
- Das Tal is considering going buy-to-play at launch.
- Cabal II unveiled a deep-dive video on its combat system.
- PlanetSide 2's PS4 beta begins next week.
- Line of Defense had a rough weekend stress test.
- Origins of Malu's PvP module landed in early access today.
Our complete list of MMOs in testing is below.