If you are all a-flutter for news about Black Desert, this week has been kind to you. Super kind, even. A preview of the game’s upcoming Awakening system was made available for fans, its demo will debut in Paris next week, and there’s even super-important information about how you can up your odds of getting into the game’s testing. Once it’s finally here, you too can camp a boss for 10 hours just to deliver an eight-minute clip of video, because who doesn’t think that sounds like a fun ride?
Meanwhile, if you’re not even the slightest bit interested in Black Desert, there’s still other beta stuff going on from the week.
- Wild Terra is opening up for a free-for-all beta test running until October 26th, if you want to jump into a harsh world that will force you to struggle if you want to survive.
- Self-proclaimed hardcore Russian MMO Sphere 3 is aiming for an open beta, if you want to jump into a harsh world that will force you to struggle if you want to survive. Chiefly against other players.
- Devilian entered its first closed beta in what I assume is some degree of harshness. Survival, etc. You know.
- A whopping 120 quests have been added to Otherland. That’s three times 40, and as we all know, 40 is as many as four 10s. And that’s harsh.
- Sword Coast Legends has launched, allowing you to jump into a harsh world blah blah blah. Except it’s probably a world created by your friends, so you know whose fault it is.
There was, of course, more stuff going on, but there’s only so much space in these introductions, gentle readers. Perhaps you’d like to check out our customary list past the break? And if we missed something, of course, you can let us know about it in the comments.