We’re just going to put this out there: Crowfall’s Eternal Kingdoms are more than just the “social backbone” of the game; they’re one of the core mechanics of persistence that make Crowfall a true MMO. So it’s worth paying attention when the devs at ArtCraft spill more info on just how the EKs work, which is exactly what they’ve done in a new video today.
The Kingdoms are basically persistent player-controlled groups of parcels that are placed and then built up by guilds, separate from the constantly changing, multi-ruleset battleground areas. The bigger and richer the guild, the better-equipped its Kingdom will be.
- The ability to plan and reshape their Eternal Kingdoms by placing mountains, valleys, rivers and forests, constructing buildings and strongholds and creating the greatest cities.
- The power to dictate the law of their land as a true king and ruler, including a wide range of PvP rules.
- Dedicated servers to host their own kingdoms, complete with the ability to control access and admin rights for other players.
- The ability to invite others to visit or join the kingdoms and become permanent vassals there, fostering alliances and social interplay.
- In order to build up their Eternal Kingdoms to their fullest potential, players will have to gather and use a wide range of resources, the best of them which can only be found in the dangerous environments of the Campaign Worlds.”