The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we have stories and videos from Dragon Nest 2, Vainglory, Wild Terra, Heroes and Generals, Overwatch, Armored Warfare, Blade and Soul, Cloud Pirates, Pokemon Go, Eternal Crusade, Final Fantasy XIV, and Elsword, all waiting for you after the break!
The extended beta for Albion Online gives the developers time to add more to the game. For example, when the Galahad patch goes live, players will be able to explore completely revamped cities! Not partially vamped, either, they had no vamps before and now they've been re-vamped. (We might not know exactly what that means.) There's also the upcoming expedition system, which is... instanced PvE dungeons, but don't call them that, probably.
Other beta news? Oh, sure, we'll do that for you. Because we're friends and all.
- The closed beta for Dragon Nest 2 is recruiting now, although there's no word on when exactly it starts. Or much hope for onlookers from this side of the pond, as it really does require Korean players. But it's moving forward, that's something.
- CBT3 for Revelation Online has come to an end, with the open beta around the corner. How far around the corner? We don't know. Of course, considering that name reservations go live on February 14th, we can certainly speculate.
- Crowfall was all ready to go with its Templar setup, demonstrating the animations and everything. Unfortunately, you're going to have to wait a little longer, as the planned test on February 10th was cancelled. The sadness, she is overwhelming.
- Want to see a bit of Ashes of Creation in action? You can check out the first glance inside one of the game's dungeons right now. Per legal agreements, there will be no puns about how the ice-themed dungeon "looks cool," intentional or otherwise.
- Cloud Pirates is hitting that most special of all times, early access! It even includes a new gameplay mode, so you can't be mad. (Is that how the rules work? You can't be mad if you get extra stuff too? Someone should check on that.)
Rather calm week, yes? Don't blame us, most of us were buried under snow. There's still a nice full list just below, though, but you never know when some of these games might have hopped test phases without us realizing it. We do our best to track the offenders down, but if we miss someone, would you be kind enough to let us know down in the comments? Thanks.
Don't let the Roman numeral two fool you into thinking that this is a sequel. Dragon Nest II: Legend is actually a prequel to the currently operating MMO, taking place 500 years in the past.
Want another surprise? Dragon Nest II will be a mobile title, adding another future contender in the growing field of tablet and smartphone MMOs. The game is being developed in Korea by ActozSoft and EyeDentity Games and is looking to release globally at an undetermined date.
You can watch the announcement trailer for Dragon Nest II after the jump!