This week in MMO crowdfunding news, Elite Dangerous’ massive Guardians expansion went live this week, introducing new features to the space epic including multi-person crewing, NPC ferrying, new planetary discoverables, and a much improved map. Frontier’s David Braben sat for a Reddit AMA during the week as well, addressing everything from exploration to multiplayer. “Yes, it is a multiplayer game,” he wrote. “We are conscious that different people want to play in different ways and we want to support that. Personally I prefer PvE and co-op multiplayer, but that is mainly because I’m a bit rubbish on PvP. Many players have come across me in the depths of space, and I really like it that most would rather chat than kill me.”
- Shroud of the Avatar updated with Release 35 right on schedule! Expect improvements for the Path of Love, better cooking mechanics, and a rework for roving encounters.
- Project Gorgon’s latest update implemented a Halloween “loot extravaganza,” tweaked combat, and “wide-spread changes to abilities and treasure effects.”
- Hero’s Song will keep its promise to launch its backer alpha in October; it goes live on Halloween.
- Gloria Victis made plans for female toons (stay tuned for our in-depth look at the game!).
- And keep an eye on Antraxx, whose Kickstarter is due to wrap up on November 1st.
Read on for more on what’s up with MMO crowdfunding this week and the roundup of all the crowdfunded MMOs we’ve got our eye on!