Good news, Boss Key fans! After the studio pretty blatantly gave up on LawBreakers, it turned around and quickly launched its next project, a battle royale title dubbed Radical Heights. It sprang to life on Tuesday, and then it… sort of limped right after that. The numbers do look at least slightly better after the rest of the week, so hooray? Maybe?
Looking back, I started that paragraph with “good news.” I’m not sure why I did that.
Other beta news? Hey, sure.
- You should definitely catch up on our PAX East coverage if you haven’t; we got hands-on time with several games in early testing like Pantheon and Ashes of Creation, and we had more interviews with studios behind Rend and Ship of Heroes.
- Dauntless is taking the charge to open beta on May 24th, letting everyone get a peek at what it’s like to hunt monsters in a world. But, like… with less corporate branding. Ahem.
- Who made Worlds Adrift what it is? The players, that’s who. When is the title moving into early access? Next month, that’s when.
- Bless Online chose to change its combat from top to bottom, which is a pretty big shift as the game moves toward a wider release.
- And last but not least, Lost Ark is heading into its final beta in its native South Korea. We can only hope that we get to see a release of this game before the players find the ark they’re looking for. (That’s the premise, right?)
Other beta titles? Oh, listed below, as we do. If you notice something jumped test phases without our noticing, do let us know down in the comments. We really appreciate it.