Good news, The Elder Scrolls Online fans: Morrowind is now in beta testing! It’s in closed beta, so you probably don’t get to take part in it, but if you do, you still can’t tell us about it. You can, however, tell us about any and all funerals you are holding for your Templar. A moment of silence will be observed.
Other beta news? Aw, shucks, why not?
- The next Starfall Tactics test starts up on April 24th. It does not, in fact, feature any tactics based around falling stars, because physics does not work that way. Instead, it has character creation, limited progression, and a new ship class.
- Everyone gets a prize for participating in the SkySaga Alpha 10 test! You get a prize! And you get a prize! The prize is probably not a humpback whale, but you never know.
- The next round of testing for Life is Feudal‘s MMO side of things is starting on April 26th and should run for around 10 days. Clear your calendar for Wednesday, then.
- Project Gorgon is looking good these days. Seriously, the latest round of graphical updates makes it like that nerdy but shy girl from school who suddenly turned immensely hot, or something. You know your movie cliches, fill them in on your own time.
- Want to hunt some trolls in Saga of Lucimia in an early test version? That’s a thing that’s happening. No word yet on whether or not they’re actual in-game trolls or more general trolls, but make sure to designate someone as “torch-monkey” if you’re going out at night.
- Last but not least, the Marvel Heroes console version is starting its beta today, and it features local co-op. That’s unlikely to ever come to the PC version, although why you would need it is a different discussion altogether.
For those of you not delighted by the above stories (and those who are delighted), we also have a list just below. Isn’t that lovely? Let us know if there are errors within the list down in the comments. Or let us know what betas you’re playing and can be discussed without an NDA. Or let us know if you want to buy the Laser Prime redeco from the most recent Transformers box set. We have an extra.
Snowforged Entertainment’s online space strategy MMO Starfall Tactics is running another pre-alpha event for testers this weekend.
“Wars for territories, planet colonization, Houses (faction guilds), thousands planets and stars you can name, intense battles in quick matches and the whole Galaxy to conquer – all of this and even more is waiting for you in Starfall Tactics! Join pre-Alpha Faction Wars test from 15th December 17:00 CET to 18th December 23:59 CET and bring your friends, clans, guilds and other gaming communities to create your own House and participate in wars for territories. Starfall Tactics is a hardcore mix of RTS and Wargame genres, which allows you to build a space fleet of your dreams, battle against other players in quick and ranked matches and discover a huge Galaxy you can conquer. Exciting quick PvP matches for advanced strategists and wargamers, challenging PvE missions, plenty of tactical choices, in-depth customization of every unit in your army, nice visual component and a huge open world for MMO fans – it’s all about this game.”
Snowforged has granted Massively OP another round of keys for our readers to sample the pre-alpha before the holidays. Click the Mo button below (and prove you’re not a robot) to grab one of these keys!
Snowforged Entertainment’s online space strategy MMO Starfall Tactics is running another pre-alpha event for testers later this week.
“Prepare to crash your opponents in intense tactical battles, outmaneuver enemy ships, or simply ram them and climb in PvP rating with your friends! Snowforged Entertainment is running a pre-alpha test from 14th July 18:00 CET to 17th July 23:55 CET – hurry up, as it is the last opportunity to try Starfall Tactics before the long break, which developers will take to do Faction Wars feature!”
Snowforged has granted Massively OP a second round of 600 keys for our readers to sample the pre-alpha before its summer break. Click the Mo button below (and prove you’re not a robot) to grab one of these keys!
Snowforged Entertainment’s online space strategy MMO Starfall Tactics is opening up its pre-alpha for testers today as part of a “galaxy explorers” event that runs from June 9th to June 12th.
“In this pre-Alpha version of the game players can already create and customize fleets, play quick matches and discover the MMO part of the game – a huge open world to explore with thousands of planets available to name, pirates and rivals to battle! Note that it is only a demo version made for testing purposes; full version of the game is coming in Q4 2016.”
Snowforged has granted Massively OP a second round of 200 keys for our readers to sample the pre-alpha. Click the Mo button below (and prove you’re not a robot) to grab one of these keys!
Diablo III is getting ready to close its second ladder only two months in on April 5th but will be providing a 100% gold and XP boost for the remainder of the season. Blizzard discussed how the development of Project Titan led to its new online FPS Overwatch and revealed that the title will be the first of a series of games set in the same universe. Path of Exile‘s Torment and Bloodlines leagues ended today, and a tournament this weekend awarded four of the game’s top players with some nice Alienware swag.
Indie RTS Starfall Tactics announced its intention to develop a persistent online shard in which players can wage wars and conquer each other’s territories. Riot Games announced a new contest in the EU region that will give university-based League of Legends clubs €1,500 toward the costs of running an event. Warframe‘s massive Sanctuary update landed this week, introducing new quests, weapons, tons of bugfixes, and the Chroma warframe. And Blizzard announced an upcoming Team League mode for Heroes of the Storm that aims to let everyone take part in competitive team play.
Read on for a detailed breakdown of the stories above and a roundup of all the other big news this week from the wider world of not-quite-massive online gaming.