MOP tipster Joel let us know about an absolute trove of info flowing in the Ashes of Creation Discord channel thanks to the candor of Creative Director Steven Sharif. Sharif has been on a tear explaining game systems to the players hanging out there. Here are a few of the more interesting bits!
- “Ashes will allow medium and small guilds to stay competitive. We have specifics systems in place to accomplish this.”
- “Playing alone is complete accepted, and feasible.”
- “High customization suite for character creation will allow for fat/skinny variants.”
- “I want to see players be able to enjoy the game together, and that includes new players being able to participate in activities with their experienced friends.”
- “While we do have classic leveling mechanics for the adventuring class, there are many ways to ‘level’ in Ashes. Not everything is put behind a linear progression. We want players who are casual to be able to participate in activities with players that have more time to play.”
Now that the cat is out of the bag on the existence of Ashes of Creation, the team is charging forward in sharing its vision and design of the game with potential players. In this effort, a 25-minute question-and-answer video was posted on the site today to give a better idea of what this MMO is all about.
This marks the first time that the community will see the faces of some of Intrepid Studios’ dev team, including Senior Designer Peter Pilone, Creative Director Steven Sharif, Lead Designer Jeffery Bard, and Senior Designer Matt Reynolds. The team fielded several questions that were sent in from the community, such as Ashes’ node system, character identity, world lore, guild features, player housing, the referral system, and the game’s rejection of factions.
Give the video a watch after the jump and learn more about Ashes of Creation from our December interview!
Indie outfit Intrepid Studios has an atmospheric new video out for its fledgling Ashes of Creation MMORPG — well, not so fledgling after all, as is obvious from the flyover shots, which are more than just a holiday greeting indeed.
“It shows a caravan entering one of our villages, in a winter environment,” Intrepid’s Steven Sharif told us. “We really want our players to be immersed in the game, and hope that these types of immersive environments will do that.”
We’ve tucked the whole video down below — it’s worth it just for the music, especially if you dig a creepy Christmas.
Yesterday we covered a tip about a new MMORPG in the making: Ashes of Creation. Apparently we caught wind of this title before it was fully ready for a world reveal, but when Intrepid Studios heard about our story, the team figured this was as good a time as any to talk about its project.
Lead Designer Jeffrey Bard sat down with us for a lengthy interview to introduce the game and its studio. In a nutshell, Ashes of Creation is an ambitious sandbox MMO that’s being crafted by industry veterans, including several from Daybreak, that will empower players to change and mold a game world instead of passively moving through it. The game is still in the early stage of development but has extensive plans laid out for its path forward.
Let’s dig into what Ashes of Creation has in store as it enters the MMORPG scene this month!