It’s certainly a daunting task to launch a game into its open beta, but the developers of Dauntless are undaunted as the title does just that this week. Now everyone can daunt gigantic monsters, daunting the local townsfolk into upgrading gear while forging names like “Daunter of Behemoths.” Without paying a dime!
In other news, I’ve now been forbidden from using the word “daunt” any further in this particular post. Also, there’s other beta news worth covering.
- As a child, you were likely told that if at first you don’t succeed, you should try again. That is the lesson that appears to be going into Wild Busters rebranding and changing ownership to a new company that has not been kicked off of Steam. It’s technically trying again, yes, but it feels like it skipped a step or two.
- H1Z1 launched its open beta on PlayStation 4, and… wow, it managed to get a lot of players in short order, huh? That 200,000 concurrent players is an impressive number.
- If you felt like you weren’t getting enough in the way of rewards for Defiance 2050 as a veteran of the original game, good news: There are more rewards now for valor. Perhaps that will assuage any frustration.
- Those who still can’t wait to hear about Lost Ark will be happy to know that the game is heading into its last, really last, we mean it this time closed beta. All the great taste of a test version with none of… whatever is an undesirable quality in a beta. Saturated fat, maybe?
- Last but not least, Crowfall has been crowing about the features of its latest test build. If something doesn’t work, make sure to tell the development team so they can eat crow.
That’s some beta news, huh? Don’t fret, there’s also a list below if you want to look for other titles in testing. As always, if you see something there that shouldn’t be there or should have a different test state listed, please let us know. If you appreciate overuse of the word “daunt,” also let us know there. Just for funsies.