Maybe you saw it coming, maybe not, but it’s official now as it’s just been announced on the stream
: The Elder Scrolls Online’s
next expansion/chapter is Summerset
, home of the high elves, the first time the franchise has been back to that area since Arena in 1994.
Mark June 5th in your calendars, as it’ll release then on all platforms – yes, PC and console simultaneous release.
[This appears to have been an error in the press release; the website lists May 21st for PC and June 5th for console.] We’re getting not just Summerset Isle but a new storyline, a new faction, a new skill line, a new crafting skill, and multiple new group dungeons.
“By the decree of Queen Ayrenn, Summerset Isle is now open to foreigners, but a Daedric threat looms over the breathtaking home of the High Elves. Players will travel to the Summerset Isle, gather allies, and unravel a shadowy conspiracy that threatens all of Tamriel. ESO: Summerset is packed with exciting new features and challenges, including:
* A New Zone: Summerset Isle, a uniquely beautiful land that’s an even larger addition than last year’s massive Vvardenfell from ESO: Morrowind
* An Epic Main Story: More of ESO’s award-winning story concludes the Daedric drama that began in 2015’ Orsinium DLC
* The Psijic Order: For the first time in an Elder Scrolls game, join the mysterious Psijic Order and explore their secretive home city of Artaeum
* New Skill Line: Master the magic of the mages of the Psijic Order to gain a new combat skill line and wield powers over time itself
* Jewelry Crafting: ESO’s latest crafting skill allows players to” create powerful gear for their characters
* New Group PvE Challenges: Players can band together to face the challenges of Cloudrest, a new 12-player Trial, new Delves and Bosses, and other content including the Abyssal Geysers.”