What do you get when you combine the the quirkiness of Glitch or Wakfu with the voxelboxiness of Trove? That’d be SkySaga, the UK sandvox that’s finally opening its alpha doors to those of us in North America. Act quickly, though; the offer ends February 26th. What else is new in the land on MMO testing?
- The Repopulation’s new silver early access tier is only $20.
- Eternal Crusade delayed its early access to fall 2015.
- Camelot Unchained teased its alpha and a super sekrit feature.
- Black Desert is raking in the cash already with its Korean beta.
- Das Tal plans more alpha weekends in March.
- Shroud of the Avatar previewed a new dungeon and island location.
- Star Citizen discussed its plans for temporary gear.
- The Division is still coming this year!
- Otherland is back and heading into its second closed beta test.
- Lost Ark’s Korean beta will begin this year. It might even cross the pond to us.
- Pathfinder Online roadmapped its territory control system.
- Pantheon has a lengthy survey for folks who want to offer pre-alpha feedback.
- Finally, Wargaming sent its World of Tanks-themed MMOTCG into closed beta this week with a new trailer.
Our complete list of MMOs in testing is below.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed.
Albion Online: Alpha phases running intermittently this winter
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean open beta
Cabal II: Closed beta
Camelot Unchained: Backer pre-alpha
Das Tal: Alpha
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Closed testing reopens March 2015
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha but still alive
Echo of Soul: Beta
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: In testing; 2016 anticipated release
Eternal Crusade: Early access begins fall 2015
Gloria Victis: Donor alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
Heroes of the Storm: Paid closed beta
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Oort Online: Donor alpha
Origins of Malu: In the midst of a do-over
Otherland: Closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PlanetSide 2: PS4 beta
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing, just like the old days
Shadowrun Online: Steam early access
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
Skyforge: Ongoing technical beta weekends
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Early access/backer alpha
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access
Valiance Online: Alpha stress testing
Venus Rising: Internal alpha (adult/NSFW)