Were you too busy gaming this week to pay attention to MMO news? Get caught up every Sunday evening with Massively Overpowered’s Week in Review!
Up-and-coming PvP MMORPG Crowfall has been counting down a 40-day timer that ends next week, biding its time with announcements about its destruction-oriented voxel-based tech, physics engine, and new classes. Any guesses as to what’s happening when that timer runs out?
Read on for a look at the rest of this week’s top MMO stories.
- EverQuest Next is no longer working with the Storybricks team.
- Guild Wars 2 teased its upcoming Revenant class.
- WoW patch 6.1 goes live on Tuesday without the Iron Docks content.
- Elder Scrolls Online is rolling out more vet rewards to loyal subbers.
- The Division is still on track for a 2015 release.
- Eternal Crusade delayed its early access to this coming fall.
- Minsc and Boo will headline Neverwinter’s next expansion.
- The NCsoft/Nexon takeover drama continued, roping in Netmarble.
- SkySaga opened its alpha to North America.
- Eliot post a guide to starting new in Final Fantasy XIV. Also something about golden saucers that makes sense only to XIV fans.
- Black Desert is making two million bucks a week on its beta cash shop.
- H1Z1 is apparently debating a season pass for battle royale content.
- OARPG Lost Ark might just land in the west.
- The Stomping Land has been abandoned by its dev.
- Creative Lead Trick Dempsey departed Defiance.
New or returning to the site this week were Hyperspace Beacon, Chaos Theory, Not So Massively, Jukebox Heroes, Working As Intended, Betawatch, Make My MMO, LOTRO Legendarium, and EVE Evolved. And don’t forget our Firefly-inspired Kickstarter video, the Stream Team‘s resurrection, and the second episode of the podcast!