Albion Online posted an infographic celebrating its winter alpha and dished on its upcoming summer alpha, which will include a major revision of the economy. What else is new in the land of MMO testing?
- Skyforge began its closed beta test this week.
- Camelot Unchained dubbed its alpha a “huge success.”
- Dungeon Fighter Online returns triumphant to the west with an open beta that goes live on March 24th.
- World of Warships’ closed beta began yesterday.
- Crowfall kept backers busy with crafting, skill training, and character progression docs.
- Black Desert’s Korean beta landed a new class, the Valkyrie.
- H1Z1’s new patch buffed its battle royale mode.
- TUG’s latest alpha patch added traps, slingshots, and storage.
- Star Citizen’s final client might be as much as 100gb.
- Tree of Savior is kinda crowdsourcing its English localization.
- Pantheon posted another development Q&A podcast.
- Gloria Victis dropped the NDA on its pre-alpha (thanks, Ken!).
- Shards Online now has a calendar showcasing its testing events.
- Victory Command is a new MOBA now taking tester signups.
Our complete list of MMOs in testing is below.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed.
Albion Online: Alpha phases running intermittently this winter
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean open beta
Cabal II: Closed beta
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Das Tal: Alpha
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Closed testing begins March 24
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha but still alive
Echo of Soul: Beta
Eleven: Closed alpha
Ever, Jane: In testing; 2016 anticipated release
Eternal Crusade: Early access begins fall 2015
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
Heroes of the Storm: Paid closed beta
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Oort Online: Donor alpha
Origins of Malu: In the midst of a do-over
Otherland: Second closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PlanetSide 2: PS4 beta
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing, just like the old days
Shadowrun Chronicles: Steam early access; launching in April
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
Skyforge: Closed beta
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Early access/backer alpha
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha stress testing
Venus Rising: Internal alpha (adult/NSFW)
World of Warships: Closed beta