The Massively OP Podcast crew learned many lessons from the MMO industry this week. We learned that players will get upset if you offer dolphins to some but not to all. We learned that VR is still a thing. We learned that the end of one MMO might mean the beginning of another. And we learned that sharing really is caring!
We also have a very special giveaway for podcast listeners, so tune in or read onward!
- Newegg giveaway
- Adventures in MMOs: Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, The Secret World
- News: EVE Fanfest coverage
- News: ArcheAge’s Dolphingate
- News: PWE/Cryptic layoffs
- News: Elder Scrolls Online shifts into buy-to-play
- News: Final Fantasy XI mobile and maintanence mode
- News: A very buggy Guild Wars 2 patch (also stress test soon!)
- Mailbag: Sword Coast Legends as a Neverwinter Nights alternative
- Download Episode 7
- Podcast theme: “For Blood, For Glory, For Honor” from Elder Scrolls Online
- Your show hosts: Bree, Justin
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, and Pocket Casts
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock settings.
As part of this week’s promotion, we’re giving away three cool gaming toys from our sponsor Newegg and its Rosewill store. Today’s prize is aimed at our podcast listeners and is a Rosewill Apollo – RK-9100xR – Mechanical Keyboard with Red Backlight. It’s an ergonomic keyboard with 50 macro keys, red backlighting, mechanical key switches, two USB 2.0 hubs, built-in headphone/microphone pass-through jacks, a detachable wrist rest, and extra gaming keys. Here’s a pic:
One winner selected at random from the total of entries submitted to Rafflecopter will be contacted via email by Massively Overpowered to receive this keyboard from Newegg. Entrants are subject to our official contest and giveaway rules and will be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility as well as a shipping address (obviously!). This particular contest is open only to residents of the 50 US states and Canada (excepting Quebec) because international law is mean.
Entries will be accepted from the moment this post goes live until the giveaway’s end on Sunday, March 29, at 12:00 a.m. EDT (midnight Saturday night). We posted another giveaway for our readers yesterday; stream fans can enter a third giveaway on Wednesday’s stream. Yay, three prizes! Good luck!