ArcheAge is finally on Steam

ArcheAge

I’ve had ArcheAge on my Steam wishlist for at least six months. I forget exactly how long it’s been, but I’m pretty sure that I put it on there prior to the North American launch in September of 2014. And then the game’s store page went dark even though Trion sold founders packs through Valve’s ubiquitous app.

Anyway, the firm has announced that the title is now officially available on Steam.

If you’re curious, this particular F2P MMO features DLC packs ranging from $24.99 to $149.99. Steam user reviews currently number just over 400 and display as “mostly positive.”

[Source: Steam]

Inline Feedback
Sundial_o7
Sundial_o7
6 years ago

I will be addressing the review situation shorty :)

Celestia
Celestia
6 years ago

Steam should add the phrase, “Abandon all hope ye who enter here”‘ to the purchase confirmation window.

JcsP
JcsP
6 years ago

“Finally”, is this suppose to be good news? More pennies to squeeze on Steam?

kofteburger
kofteburger
6 years ago

90 cent Steam tax?

AdeptusEnginus
AdeptusEnginus
6 years ago

I would point out, loathe as I am to defend Trion, that the whole “multiple DLC amounting to a large sum of money” is not an uncommon thing on Steam when it comes to F2P games.

Warframe is one of the fairest F2P on the market, and it’s DLC combined is $219.95 on Steam.
Neverwinter’s is even worse than Archeage, adding up to $449.94 on Steam.
War Thunder? $118.96
Marvel Heroes? $153.95
Star Trek Online? $349.96

The obvious reason for this is that these packs are not priced under the mentality that you will buy all of them. At most they expect you to maybe buy one, two max. You can’t even buy the same one a second time since Steam actually records it as a DLC and will mark it as already owned. Warframe gets around this by occasionally cycling it’s cheapest bundles so that people who want to drop $10-20 every now and then can keep doing it through steam if they so desire. Other games, can’t say.

There are plenty of LEGITIMATE reasons to piss on Trion for the state of Archeage, please don’t fling sand in a way that actually is not one. You’re making yourself look the fool AND subsequently flinging sand at all the GOOD F2P games that have a similar setup and aren’t actually milking their customers.

teppic
teppic
6 years ago

Are the skateboards in it yet?

Damonvile
Damonvile
6 years ago

DaemonHardrod Icnoevil It’s f2p so all you need to do is either add it to your library or DL it again. But steam will show that you’ve played 0.0 hours and most people will just write you off as a troll.

StranaFA
StranaFA
6 years ago

Best guess is that it was originally removed from Steam back in Alpha/Beta because Steam got too many requests for refunds.  Trion went from a very respectable dev/publisher to one of the worlds worst publishers.

CistaCista
CistaCista
6 years ago

A Dad Supreme  Yea things have changed. I am trying to think when the US last produced a game that I would even spend the time to download. That’s gotta be at least 7-8 years ago. Americans simply cannot make interesting MMOs anymore. MOBAs and coops, that they can.

kofteburger
kofteburger
6 years ago

I was going to say  ingame store is really messed up for me but now I can’t get it working with steam wallet.