Good news, ladies and gentlemen looking forward to Ghost in the Shell Online. Not only is the game nearing its first Korean closed beta test, we’ve received confirmation that the game will in fact be available for players in the Americas. No word yet on whether or not every shooting match will be followed by a lengthy metaphysical discussion on the nature of humanity and existence in a digital world, although that might slow the pace down significantly.
Other news in the wild and wooly world of tests:
- Skyforge will be entering its open beta sometime this summer! The good ancillary news along with that is the fact that the designers are closely listening to feedback thus far.
- Aftermath is coming, a reboot of Infestation: Survivor Stories, which itself was a rebranding of The WarZ. Eventually a name will work, maybe?
- Moonlight Blade put up a new trailer in anticipation of its incoming Chinese beta test.
- Pathfinder Online opened up to head start players on April 1st. It’s no joke; there were paths to be found.
- Tree of Savior is kicking off another Korean beta test at the end of April.
- Players hoping to play Elite: Dangerous on a Mac can take heart that the game has begun its beta test on the fruit-based computer.
- Crowfall is gearing up for pre-alpha in the summer.
- H1Z1 got a big old patch this week, right after an incredibly ill-considered April Fools’ Day joke that we’ll all pretend didn’t happen.
- Last but not least, The War of Genesis 4 – Spiral Genesis Online exists, complete with the word soupiest title imaginable.
What’s that? You want more? Well, check out our full testing list just past the break.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed.
Albion Online: Alpha phases running intermittently this winter
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean open beta
Cabal II: Closed beta (NA)
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Das Tal: Alpha
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha but still alive
Echo of Soul: Beta
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access begins fall 2015
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: In testing; 2016 anticipated release
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
Heroes of the Storm: Paid closed beta
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Oort Online: Donor alpha
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Second closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PlanetSide 2: PS4 beta
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing, just like the old days
Shadowrun Chronicles: Steam early access; launching in April
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
Skyforge: Closed beta #2 ongoing, open beta/launch this summer
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Early access/backer alpha
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha stress testing
Venus Rising: Internal alpha (adult/NSFW)
World of Warships: Closed beta