Path of Exile has another big update on the way! It has fun new skills like Golems, Warcries, and Golemcries! Maybe not so much with the last one. The point is that there’s an update, it’s in testing, and you can help test it if you follow the right steps. Glorious!
Other testing news from around the test-web-blog-o-sphere (patent pending on that nightmare portmanteau, for the record):
- Star Citizen released an alpha patch and also rejiggered its version numbering slightly. Also, it talked about breathing.
- Civilization Online opened up its final closed beta test pre-registration, which would be a lot more relevant here if it was coming out here.
- H1Z1 is going to add zombified players and grouping this month, after it finishes making us all chuckle at failed cheaters.
- Curious why Black Desert has made so many changes? Because that’s what the audience in Korea wants, apparently. I would have asked for non-gender-locked classes, but no one asked me.
- Turns out that Salem isn’t dead after all, and is launching on June 7th. For real launching. They’re serious now.
- Skyforge is hitting its third beta test next week, approaching the finish line in terms of open beta/soft launch this summer.
- We got two interesting tidbits from Crowfall concerning minotaur lore and how the game will be built on a budget of $6 million.
- MapleStory 2 released one final closed beta trailer before, well, its final closed beta. Kind of self-explanatory.
You want some more testing goodness? Well, read on for our full list, ladies, gentlemen, and those who fall into neither category! There are more tests to be had.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed.
Albion Online: Alpha phases running intermittently this winter
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean open beta
Cabal II: Closed beta (NA)
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Das Tal: Alpha
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha but still alive
Echo of Soul: Beta
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access begins fall 2015
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: In testing; 2016 anticipated release
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
Heroes of the Storm: Paid closed beta
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Oort Online: Donor alpha
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Second closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PlanetSide 2: PS4 beta
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shadowrun Chronicles: Steam early access; launching in April
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
Skyforge: Closed beta #2 ongoing, open beta/launch this summer
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Early access/backer alpha
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha stress testing
Venus Rising: Internal alpha (adult/NSFW)
World of Warships: Closed beta