So why isn’t Pathfinder Online attracting more players? Goblinworks CEO Ryan Dancey apparently feels that it’s a matter of the game’s fans not stumping for the game aggressively enough in places that aren’t focused around discussing the game. We should also mention that the game is rolling out plans for the next iteration of settlements, but that feels like he’s getting what he wants.
Other news from around the betaverse:
- Shards Online is prepping for a pre-alpha test on May 9th. It’s more alpha than alpha. Like, 40% alpha by volume, maybe.
- With Cabal II‘s first closed beta underway, we took a look at the game’s PvP battlegrounds! It was pretty.
- Want to see a Plum Flower in action? Want to know what a Plum Flower is? Check out the latest trailer from Black Desert.
- Tree of Savior‘s beta is totally a beta! Not so much a tree or a savior, though.
- Did you buy a bunch of basic material packs in Landmark? Good news, you’re getting a refund.
- You can try out Block N Load for free on Steam! There’s a launch trailer, too.
- The Taiwanese studio behind games like Aura Kingdom has a new game coming out, Astral Realm, which is heading into testing.
- Armored Warfare is in early access testing, and you can get in… with a founder’s pack. Of course you can.
You want more? Well, why don’t you just jump on past the break to a huge long list of games in testing that we keep past the break every week. We’re predictable like that.
As always, we consider an MMO to be in open testing if it features free, public signups and will server wipe prior to launch. An MMO is marked in closed testing if it’s running a private test phase that cannot freely be accessed by the general public; it’s usually under NDA as well. Early access and crowdfunded MMOs whose tests we deem legitimate will be included. So-called “open beta” soft-launch MMOs with cash shops, no sign of launch in the west, or limited interest for our readers will not be listed.
Albion Online: Alpha phases aimed for summer
Ascent: The Space Game: Steam early access
Auto Club Revolution: Closed beta
Beasts of Prey: Early access alpha
Black Desert: Korean open beta
Cabal II: Closed beta (NA); first test ends May 3rd
Camelot Unchained: Backer alpha
Das Tal: Alpha
DayZ: Early access
Divergence Online: Alpha
Dungeon Fighter Online: Open testing
Earthrise: First Impact: Alpha but still alive
Echo of Soul: Beta
Eleven: Closed alpha
Eternal Crusade: Early access begins fall 2015
EVE: Valkyrie: Pre-alpha registration for EVE and DUST players
Ever, Jane: In testing; 2016 anticipated release
Gloria Victis: Donor pre-alpha
H1Z1: Paid early access
Heroes of the Storm: Launching June 2
HEX: Unofficial open beta
Kingdom Online: Closed beta
Landmark: Paid closed beta, cash shop active
Life is Feudal: Early access beta
Line of Defense: Early access
MyDream: Closed testing open to donors
Nosgoth: Open beta
Oort Online: Donor alpha
Origins of Malu: Combat module in early access
Otherland: Second closed beta
Pathfinder Online: Subscription “early enrollment”
PlanetSide 2: PS4 beta
Project Genom: Closed alpha
Project Gorgon: Free, open testing
Shadowrun Chronicles: Steam early access; launching in April
Shards Online: Pre-alpha
Shroud of the Avatar: Steam early access, backer testing
Skyforge: Closed beta #3 ongoing, open beta/launch this summer
SkySaga: Ongoing NA and UK alpha events
Star Citizen: Backer pre-alpha
Starriser: Taking beta signups
Stash: Backer alpha
The Repopulation: Early access/backer alpha
Tribal Wars 2: Open testing
TUG: Steam early access alpha
Valiance Online: Alpha stress testing
Venus Rising: Internal alpha (adult/NSFW)
World of Warships: Closed beta